Daily Check In August 10, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In August 10, 2022

Post by Quilter51 »

Scanned everything I missed this morning I hope.

Maggie, sorry about your son in the boot.

Chocolite, I feel your pain (literally, see below)

Shiela, glad you are negative. I'm gng to sound judgemental as hell here, but I think people should not go to work if they are sick or think they are sick.. If sick people stayed home, and everyone washed their hands and covered their mouths and noses when ill or sneezing the world would be far better place.

The carpet guy didnt come. I may look at getting a small carpet machine for me if I think I am able of handling it.

Doctor was already to give me an enjectible drug to supplement my other and lower my blood sugar and help with weight loss. Then it turns out my A1C was 6.2 and he turned around and went "never mind". I gone from 7.9 to 6.2 on my own so I ll keep that up.

On the other hand, he offered me something called Cymbalta instead of Gabba for my neuropathy and mild fibro and so on. Said it was easier to stop and really no weaning off. It is for depression so Im considering. I need to see my podiatrist so I will ask his opinon as well. This was just establishing a relationship with a new guy (actually a Nurse Clinician). and my physical will be in November.

Tomorrow my son is flying in as he has three days of bereavement leave and the funeral is on Saturday. He will be with me tomorrow into Friday..

Need to get some planning nd organization done here ..at least a small amount
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:41 pm That is very sad about the other child. I know you did a great job with him and he seemed like basically a sweet little fellow when he was small.
I think that is what is breaking my heart the most. I know group homes run by the state aren't all bad and some even have a lot to offer - but who is going to love you? Who is going to be your family on holidays?

i can only hope that his uncle and aunt would try to get him - but I don't know if they will - their last child just graduated high school.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

HappyDaze wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:00 pm Covid test was negative - very thankful.

Got some bad news about my ex (not my ex husband, the more recent ex) - long story short, he has passed away. More impacted by this than I would have imagined, feel like I'm in some kind of alternate reality - so didn't go to work. Went to see one of his sons and his mama - they are doing alright.

Not as hot today, dogs are taking their afternoon nap. Need to get my business together, tomorrow is "fun day" for work.

Going to the grocery store later, might try to get a nap in first. Wanted to let y'all know I am well.
Sheila...sorry about your bad news. Also sorry for his young son. Not surprised that you are impacted by this.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:19 pm Sheila...sorry about your bad news. Also sorry for his young son. Not surprised that you are impacted by this.
Trees, I keep telling myself it is not MY loss to grieve - I just feel so much sorrow for the children.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

As a patent pf a kid who lost his dad during his teen years,thereis no okay and it lasts a long time. Its life altering .more for him than me even.

What made h let the other kid go?
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Quilter51 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:52 pm As a patent pf a kid who lost his dad during his teen years,thereis no okay and it lasts a long time. Its life altering .more for him than me even.

What made h let the other kid go?
l

Having lived with that child and been his primary caretaker, he needed A LOT of structure, routine, attention, specialized care and yes, medications.

From where I sit...Let's say that the child needed more structure, routine, specialized care and attention than his dad's new lifestyle could provide. He had to pick one or the other.

There was also, from what I understand through the rumor mill, an issue of the child not receiving some of his medications while in dad's care...I will let you read between the lines of that statement.

Charles M. Schultz