Daily Check In August 10, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Daily Check In August 10, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, Friends. I have a covid test at noon, results in 2 hours. If it is negative I'll go to work. I don't feel "terrible" but I don't feel "right" either - a little nasal and chest congestion, a verrrrry little bit achy and I think I had some chills at some point during the night.

It is beautiful outside right now, sunny but not blistering hot yet. Had a blueberry bagel with peanut butter for breakfast - I can still taste and smell - so hopeful!

Wishing you all a Wonderful Wednesday!!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In August 10, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
Shelia, Get well soon.

I have my Doctor's appointment this afternoon. I had a mild panic this morning seeing that a daily meeting was cancelled for me. Turns out somehow it got cancelled and rescheduled and I was left off. I am not back on it, not that I contribute much.

My DGSs seem ready to start school. Although the 5YO keeps telling his Mom he is too little to ride the bus. She took him to a playground date of other Kindergarteners. He took a while to warm up.

DS1 was found to have a hairline fracture in his foot. He did injure it, but "walked it off". But he had been going to the podiatrist and she ordered an MRI. So he is having an injection of some sort on Monday. He will be in a boot with no weight bearing for 3 weeks. The boot for an additional 3.

That is all I have,
Have a great day,
Maggie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Well today is a much better day with temps going only into the low to mid 80s. The humidity is still a bit high but not uncomfortably so. A nice break from the last 5 days.

All my morning routine is done. I would have been out by now but got a call from my sister so I will be leaving shortly. I will be picking up grocery stock items and some peaches and bananas. I think that's why I'm at the store more often because I eat a lot of fruit. The remainder of the day will be a whatever kind of a day.

Tonight's menu is a bowl of pastina or maybe a pasta salad.

Well that's it for now. Have a wonderful day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

So I have notified the lady in charge of the helpers at the hospital Mass that I probably will not be there for awhile as the garden is starting to come in. I also have lots of things I need to get done today and in the remainder of the week as Hubby decided he needed to get away for a bit.

So now starting early next week we are heading out of town and visiting oldest son for a few days, then on the way back visiting our youngest and doing a bit of shopping or should I say do a bit of a stock up on things to see us through part of the winter. This does change my meal plans around, but what the heck getting to see our sons even for a few days each is just awesome.

Youngest son is finding home ownership to be tough. He says that living in an apartment with no yard work kind of spoiled him a bit. Now while having a yard and a place to call his own is awesome, he is having a tough time looking after it. Hubby told him to do a bit each day (like an area) and when I asked him last night he said he wasn't quite there yet, but was getting better. I have a feeling he will be clipping, weed whacking, and weeding like crazy this weekend and the rest of the week. Or at least until we arrive.

Oldest son said of course we can come for a visit, but he'd better get busy and clean his house...Guess it is pretty bad if even he says it is. LOL

Not a really long list of tasks today, but I will need to wash and freeze the blueberries I bought yesterday (may even go and purchase a few more boxes as they are a really great price), dehydrate the last of the parsley, and some more basil. I should clip off the old gladiolus and do some weeding back by the shed as well. Watering the plants will take place this evening, but hunting down garden produce will happen this morning. As will taking out the raspberries left from last year to thaw and use up in making jam tomorrow.

I have also figured out what plants I am going to try and overwinter in the house. Of course the two lemon trees will be coming back in, and to that I will add some English Ivy cuttings, one succulent, and the two hibiscus plants. I would love to over winter one of the wire vines, but not sure if it can be. I will need to do a bit of research.

After the household and garden tasks I will be working on my embroidery, and then knitting in the evening. Hopefully the tablecloth will be finished very soon.

So a pretty frugal day all told.

Supper tonight is going to be leftover beef roast, a package of Knorr noodles of some type, and corn mixed with the beans I picked yesterday in the garden (going to be awhile until we get more).

Today I am grateful that it is cool again in the mornings and evenings.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning!
Cloudy, cooler and humid. Almost felt like fall yesterday with the cooler temps.

Bit the bullet yesterday and bought paint for the woodwork. I have enough useable paint on hand to do the bathroom and maybe a bit more, but after that ... And you'd think a big-box hardware store with a paint department would have 1-inch foam brushes in stock ??? So I'll need to go elsewhere.

In the meantime, not sure what's going on with the closet light. The bulb started to flicker, then went on and off. Changed the bulb and it was fine, now it's doing it again. Leaning toward buying a new light fixture, then calling in an electrician to check things out/install new fixture if necessary.

Have a doctor's appt this afternoon to see what the next step will be for my hip issue. Have a bunch of little jobs to work through until then. (Though I doubt I'll get all of them done.) Dinner will be pasta (have leftover sauce, so it will be a quick fix.)

Shelia ... hope the test is negative, but if you aren't feeling well otherwise, might not be a bad idea to take the rest of the day off. (I assume you have sick leave?)
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Shelia, I hope that you don’t have Covid. What I don’t understand is why businesses don’t treat Covid (now that it isn’t a death sentence for most) the same as the flu or a cold. Maybe because the current Covid strain is so contagious.

I slept really well.

I just lost the rest of my post because I was lazy and didn’t write it ahead of time.

So I’ll be very brief. Dutch friend and I are going to have lunch today. She’ll bring me a new puzzle from her clubhouse.

Publix ad is better the last two weeks.

Have a good day.