Daily Check-in August 11, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in August 11, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Update

It has been cool and cloudy all day here.

I think I made to big a list to get done today. I have the beans cooking in the slow cooker, dehydrated the herbs I wanted done for today, made the raspberry jam, and did the household chores.

I also retraced the pattern on the one corner of the table cloth and have done a bit of embrobaridery on that. Hopefully I will get more done tomorrow and perhaps be close to finishing that off.

I still need to water the flowers, and even though I have worked on my knitting once the light got bad, I still want to get more done. I would love to finish off this small bronze yarn ball.

I found 6 bags of frozen blueberries from last year, so I plan on pulling those out and making blueberry jam in the next little while.

Supper will be started shortly, and then after supper I will head out and do the watering.

Now that I found a great many recipes for using beans and lentils I am going to start looking for things like lotions, hand soaps, facial cleansers, facial moisturizers, various herbal teas, spice mixes (some are very hard to find here), scrubs, and other such items. If I can make it less expensively than purchasing I am going to give them a try. It just might be time to pull in the frugal belt and use what I have on hand until it is gone and then find less expensive ways to get the same results. It isn't that I can't afford to purchase them, but why do so if there is a less expensive alternative.

Off to put out our supplements (I still need my D and Calcium and Hubby needs his eye vitamins according to our doctors).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Another day almost done.

Just a couple more days until the funeral.

Today they were meeting to get some pics together for a slide show. I went by to see how they were doing and to give updates.

Siblings "best friend" was there. We have already paid for the catering but as for desserts, people usually just bring things. My cousin was going to do that. But I still asked "best friend" if she might want to contribute or let others in their church group know. She said NO. I thought that was strange.

Oh well. I have done a lot for siblings "best friend" - so I guess those days are over. :shock:

Don't small town folks still do those kinds of things? :shock:
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut encore!

I was going through my facebook and see a lot of local people giving away crab apples. I'm hoping to get some so I can make this EASY PEAZY Crab apple juice. It is so easy it's almost criminal to buy anything else! The recipe I am going to post I have used very often. I never have cut up the crab apples just left them whole and cut off the stem and if necessary the blossom end. Crab apples also make VERY GOOD Wine. I made 2 full carboys one year and it's absolutely delicious!!

I'm going to post the crab apple juice recipe in the recipe folder. If you want to make sugar free? EASY PEAZY too! Great juice!!

MJ

Your can easily find people giving away crab apples!! Frugal for sure!!
Hope has a good imagination.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good evening beautiful people,

This week with Dd1 and her BF has certainly gone by quickly. It will be very sad for Dh when he has to say goodbye but for myself I will be starting a new adventure and visiting Denver and seeing their new house for the first time. I am getting very excited!

The weather for their visit has been ideal, except one day it was extremely hot while we visited an historical park. Yesterday Dd1 and BF went on a 15 mile hike which involved some elevation. It took them about 7 hours, including some photo and lunch breaks. Needless to say, I know my limits and remained at home to catch up on several things, mainly the garden which has been exploding with veggies and herbs. So today was a lot more laid back. We went to a local restaurant for lunch and then shopped in the downtown area at some local shops. They were very happy to get an art print for their feature wall in the living room. There are a lot of talented artisans in our city, that’s for sure!

Have a great sleep everyone!
Creative
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:00 am Maggie, I hope everything is going to be okay. Companies need to stop kicking their smartest people out the door to save a few bucks. (((hugs)))

Logics, Covid has changed everything so much. Nothing feels the same any more.

Good morning, all. I went to bed early again last night. Allergies are plaguing me, my knees hurt, and I've been struggling with a little situational depression due to work, where almost everyone who knew what they were doing quit in the spring or summer and things have been a mess ever since. It shows little sign of improving. The student workers were about ready to revolt yesterday because they were so upset. It's going to be an un-fun year.

Yesterday at work I was pulling a luggage cart in through the front door and backed into a hand sanitizer unit mounted on the wall. There's now a big bruise on my side so sore it woke me up at 5 o'clock this morning. I do that to myself several times a year: the thing is mounted at just the right height to gore people.

On the bright side, the new style of knee brace I ordered seems to be the right thing. I did goof up and order only one, thinking the package said there were two inside, and thus had to order another one last night after the first came and I tried it out. They are not expensive ($23 each), which is very good.

Hope you all have a good day. Hope we hear from Owned by Dogs, too.
Things didn’t go as well as we hoped. After a yr of not responding to letters and phone calls, the Dad showed up. He claims he has had vasectomy and couldn’t be father, but if he is he wants to see her. Now he has to be tested. Asked why he finally responded, he said he was told they would fine him if he didn’t. Counselors think grandparents “ persuaded “ him. Mother didn’t show up.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

GMPG54 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:09 pm I've had some luck with turmeric and glucosamine/condroiton (sp), also hip arthritis, trochanteric bursitis and knee issues.
There is an oral version of Voltaren that can help.
Good to know about the tumeric and glucosamine. Sounds like you and I have some of the same issues ... bursitis is what's started this whole "adventure."