Daily Check-in August 11, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in August 11, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Today will be a cloudy day here with the temperature going up to the mid 80s again. The humidity is still pretty high here so no real relief in heat index as yet although a peak at tomorrow's forecast appears it to show a bit better. Still no rain though and that's probably going to result in water usage restrictions sooner rather than later.

I do have a Vitality program this morning but I haven't looked at the email as yet so I don't know the topic. My morning routine is complete and I'll probably make me a second cup of coffee shortly.

I'll probably pull out my coloring page to work on and perhaps do some puzzles in my puzzle books rather than on the computer. I can't help but think since Covid how repetitive and boring my life has become as I really have nothing to look forward to that's different. I used to look forward to the parties that my groups used to have but it's been almost 3 years and while the senior center has come back to life slightly I'm still unhappy that so few are taking no precautions any more and I can't bring myself to put myself at risk. I miss those once a month breakfasts at the hospital and the Christmas party and the games. It gave me a reason to get dressed a bit whereas I'm in a rut with my leggings and camp shirt.

Maybe I'll take a look at some volunteer options come September although I hate giving up time and not get paid for it as to me time is precious and once it's gone you can't get it back.

Oh well, I guess that's it for now. Take it easy and have a great day.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in August 11, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Our humidity went down. It is in the 60's F here and I have my door to the balcony open. It is nice.

Still nervous about my job. If only because there is a history of letting go of high earners and replacing them with cheaper, fresh grads. And the fact that I don not have a billable position right now. But we will see. I will keep being present online. We will see. The fact that a daily meeting was accidentally deleted and recreated ("with everyone who was on the old except for people who have left") and I was left off. It very well could have been a simple oversight, but I have a history of missing signs that something unfavorable was happening. So i will double check my resume. Friday afternoon is a traditional time for such notices.

My Dr. appointment was mostly good news. And not renewing my blood pressure meds was an accident and refills were ordered. I need to go back in 4 weeks for a nurse visit about my blood pressure. I have uploaded my health form for insurance.

Anyways, I am enjoying the weather and maybe doing some sewing tonight.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Maggie I am hoping that things go right for you and this job. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I am up, the beans for baked beans soaked overnight and I now have them parboiling on the stove. Hopefully I will get them in the slow cooker very soon and baking away merrily. Next on the agenda will be harvesting some herbs and getting them started in the dehydrator. Whew, then comes using up the last of the frozen raspberries to make jam for this winter. I will probably bake cookies and make some easy squares as well.

Household chores of the regular type (stripping the bedding, sweeping floors, and a bit of extra cleaning) will take place as well.

If it doesn't rain I need to water the plants, hunt for garden produce, and do a bit of weeding (never ending task is weeding).

Not sure if I will get out for a walk this morning, but hopefully I will get my steps in going in and out, or up and down the stairs.

Frugally no money will be spent, I plan on using up what I have in the house. Though it is pretty tempting to go and purchase some cucumbers and peppers to at least make my relish..... Might have to run that by Hubby and see what he thinks. I could do that on the weekend and be so ready to leave on Tuesday for our visit to our oldest son's place and then on the way back to youngest son's place. Must remember to let my brother know we will be gone so I won't be phoning him on the 20th.

I will need to retrace my one corner pattern and then move on to starting the embroidery. At least now I know not to do more than two patterns before embroidery work is started.

I have added the next colour into the knitted blanket and will hopefully finish this small ball very soon. I will tie in one of the colours already used with another small ball I found and then hopefully find coordinating colours after. The yarn that I started with is a bit thinner than a regular worsted so I might have to do a deeper dive into the stash to find enough to finish it. We shall see.

Supper tonight is the leftover scalloped potato and ham casserole, served with coleslaw as I have a small cabbage to use up before it goes bad.

Today I am grateful that both of us are still healthy enough to have and look after our home. Since the time will come when we can no longer do so, I am looking at apartments and senior housing both here in this city and where youngest son lives. Pays to be ready.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Maggie, I hope everything is going to be okay. Companies need to stop kicking their smartest people out the door to save a few bucks. (((hugs)))

Logics, Covid has changed everything so much. Nothing feels the same any more.

Good morning, all. I went to bed early again last night. Allergies are plaguing me, my knees hurt, and I've been struggling with a little situational depression due to work, where almost everyone who knew what they were doing quit in the spring or summer and things have been a mess ever since. It shows little sign of improving. The student workers were about ready to revolt yesterday because they were so upset. It's going to be an un-fun year.

Yesterday at work I was pulling a luggage cart in through the front door and backed into a hand sanitizer unit mounted on the wall. There's now a big bruise on my side so sore it woke me up at 5 o'clock this morning. I do that to myself several times a year: the thing is mounted at just the right height to gore people.

On the bright side, the new style of knee brace I ordered seems to be the right thing. I did goof up and order only one, thinking the package said there were two inside, and thus had to order another one last night after the first came and I tried it out. They are not expensive ($23 each), which is very good.

Hope you all have a good day. Hope we hear from Owned by Dogs, too.
Mackie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Logics, I hope you can come up with activities to make you feel better.
Maggie, I am praying for your job situation.
I slept just "okay" and have been up and trying to get my day started.
It is nice and cool this morning, laundry hung and kitchen cleaned. I don't have a lot on my to-do list today.

I should make a trip to the recycle depot but also feel the need to stick close to home because of the roofing on the mobile.
I might go out and do some running of the weed eater.
Off to read and drink coffee until I find my mo-jo.
JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Logics, I know what you mean about looking forward to something. I’m already thinking that if things go OK with my surgery there are a few places I’d like to visit in Florida in the cooler weather on day trips or maybe one overnight. Are there places like historic homes or botanical gardens in your suburban NYC area that would make nice day trips?

I did not sleep well at all last night. I think I got a few hours rest. It might have been because I have an appointment with the urologist this afternoon.

Until my friend picks me up I think I’ll start sorting a puzzle. I’m not wild about the puzzle my Dutch friend loaned me so I think I’ll start on one of my own puzzles. I don’t think I’ll get over to mom’s house until Saturday.

Have a good day.