Daily check-in Friday, Aug. 12, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Daily check-in Friday, Aug. 12, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Off to fill my tea cup. Good morning!
Mackie
floridacatlover

Re: Daily check-in Friday, Aug. 12, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning Mackie and all.

I slept well last night.

I’m going to drop my pre-op paperwork at my primary care doctor’s office this morning. She told me last week that she can likely do all of the tests right in her office. I hope so. I have an appointment for next week but want to give her an advance look at the test requirements.

Then I’ll go to mom’s house. It may be too late (hot) to do anything in the yard. We’ll see. It is overcast so that helps.

Have a good day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Been up for a bit now, but am suffering through a headache and stuffy nose. Still cool this morning, but the temperatures are set to rise. Which means things could get very warm here once again.

Not a really big list of household tasks so I am hopeful of getting some cookies made today along with some extra cleaning (probably dusting the crown molding in the rooms that have it). So the tasks for today are dust, vacuum, tidy the living room, pay bills online, pick up allowances and along with the cookie baking, watering plants, weeding one of the flower beds, and the crown molding dusted. Easy as pie (though I have to buy pie crusts ready made as even the no fail type, fail for me) and I should be busy working on my embroidery by this afternoon.

The only cash spent will be on bills and our allowances. I will use the rain barrel to water most of my plants today, there are a couple of hanging ones I will use the hose for as it is less stress on my arms and wrists. Cutting more herbs to dehydrate and today will be more sage and some thyme as well.

I should hunt for veggies as well, but I just might leave that for another day. I know there is a fairly large eggplant out there, but I am hoping to pick it just before we leave to take to oldest DS's. I am sure that he would love a fresh eggplant....

Supper tonight is going to be breakfast for supper. I thought pancakes sounded really good when I made the menu up, but I think I am going to make scrambled eggs with onions, tomatoes, and peppers. Kind of get rid of what is in the fridge time so things do not go bad while we are away. That meal will make a dent on our veggie crisper for sure. I might also make cream of mushroom soup and freeze portions as the mushrooms will not last much longer. Oh dear, I think I may have added to the work load.

Today I am grateful that we will get to spend time with our boys.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

That will be great if she can do your tests, FloridaCat. There's a lot to be said for stuff like that being done in an environment where you feel comfortable and know the routine.

I have my tea and had my little snack a bit early. Been out checking an apartment (a third floor walk-up, of course!) and picking up trash. Yesterday I worked through part of my lunch, so I'm going to try to leave a bit early today.

Not sure what happened, but I somehow got off schedule with laundry and there's almost nothing left to wear in my closet. I don't have a lot of clothes: everything fits in a closet three and half feet wide, but it feels like it's time for a closet fling because several things are worn out and fit only for messy work. There's also one pair of slacks that I extensively altered to fit and still just don't like. Maybe someone else will. :-D

Hope you all have a good day.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My H-E-B order is scheduled to be delivered in about a half hour.

Of course the Mootopia vanilla milk is now in stock. So I will be placing another order for delivery tomorrow or later today.

Penny
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good morning all!
Still watering plants like crazy here. I so hope it rains soon.
I think this will be an early Fall..the leaves will just drop early due to the heat and lack of rain.