Daily check-in Friday, Aug. 12, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily check-in Friday, Aug. 12, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

I did not realize this because I don't follow the news at all, but Tennessee is suspending sales taxes on groceries, with some exceptions, during August. We need to do some stock-up shopping this weekend, so that will save a little bit.
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

No summons for a meeting so far today. That is good.

DB1 called last night. I guess he has a habit of making phone calls on his way home form work. I told him I have thought about calling but am a bit confused about the time difference. He and DSIL have been hiking a lot. He got a new pickup truck and they have been truck camping. Surprising since DSIL always seems to like her luxuries. But good for them. They are doing Fourteeners. I think it is hiking 14K feet. Anyways they are doing another to get a poster to hand in their home. Then he made reservations to stay in a Nice hotel in Aspen for a couple of nights. He said last Fourteener they did a few weeks ago he drove home right after and it was a little much. (They live near Denver).

Tonight is the last of the summer concerts at the location I frequent the most. It should be beautiful weather. Right now it is 66 F and my door to the balcony is open. It is finally cooling off at nights again.

Have a great Day,
Maggie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Hi all.

Got up late today and can't believe how quickly time has passed. I spent over an hour on the phone I didn't expect with my sister-in-law. Got my morning routine done early and the phone call helped me complete some time on my exercising since I've learned to get up and walk around my apartment whenever I get a call.

It is finally a beautiful day here, cool, less humid and there is a wonderful breeze coming in the windows . . . so refreshing.

I'll probably do some reading after lunch. After that not sure.

Dinner tonight is spaghetti. I pulled out a container of sauce to defrost about an hour ago.

Well, that's all I can think of right now. Have a super day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Maggie, I am glad so far things are still good. (((Hugs)))

I happened to run into one of our associate directors, a very nice young man, and asked him about a job opening they haven't been able to fill in one of the buildings that has elevators. It's not a building I like much, but the practicality of not having to constantly climb stairs has really hit home. It's a 10-month position, so no summer work, which is very appealing even if the pay is slightly less.

Tonight I'm going to apply for it and see how it goes. Because it's a slightly different job classification, they can't just plunk me over there.
Mackie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Up and busy, I decided to have the roofers replace the 2 pieces of trim on the garage at dads. They are wrapping the fascia on the mobile with metal and can just stop down there are replace the pieces that blew off in the high winds earlier this spring. I was going to have the fiance do it and it was on his list but....
They are only about 1/4 mile away so should be easy-peasy to go and do it. It could be painted but then you have to paint every 2 or 3 years and ....just no.
I have asparagus that was given to me washed and draining for prepping to freeze. I want to freeze it so than I can cook only as much as I want in one meal.
Robo-vac is running and house chores getting done.
Owned, I pray that your family prevails in this fight.
FloridaCat, sounds like you are hanging in there, praying for the best for you.
Jackie, I hope you have a great visit with your boys.
Off to get stuff done before the grands get here this afternoon.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

Had some weird dreams last night. Slept off and on. I finally decided to get out of bed at 8:30.

Glad I did. Sibling called and we headed out to have breakfast and take care of some things. We wanted to order flowers, so we did. Then we went by the church to make sure we would have access to the hall, so we could set up for the reception. And for the caterer. All was okayed. They are really nice.

Now home and will take care of some things here. Gotta pay my water bill!!!

Have a great day.