Daily check-in Friday, Aug. 12, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily check-in Friday, Aug. 12, 2022

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon!

It's a lovely day here, mid 70s and sunny. Like Maggie says, it's starting to cool down at night, now. (And crossing my fingers for you on the job situation, BTW)

Quick run to the pharmacy, then to Aldi to get a few things. Trying to keep an eye on the front porch — bought a new office chair, which is supposed to arrive today. Hopefully, I will find it a good fit. Our new neighbors' furniture arrived today; they've been in the house for a couple of weeks.

I have some odds and ends to do. I will get the painters tape down in the bathroom, so I can get a good start tomorrow.

Mackie, crossing my fingers that this potential job will work out well for you.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

We also had cooler weather yesterday. Areas around here even got rain - we had a few sprinkles.

But the temp went from 98 to 74 in a couple of hours. Amazing.

We aren't predicted to hit 100 over the next few days. Thank goodness.
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Good morning,

Weather has been nice here but we will be having triple digit temperatures all next week:( Hopefully this will be the last.

I have been doing the usual chores and then just puttering and doing those nit picky tasks that never seem to get done. now that I am home all the time I hope to get caught up on all of that. Yesterday Iii cleaned up and organized most of the pantry. It's nice to be able to reclaim my workspace in there.

I think today I will work on DS workmans comp stuff and find out where we are in the process. I also have a few bill that need paying.

I can't believe how many dirty dishes only two people can generate. I need to get those done and put away laundry.

Bev
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Mackie, I hope the new job comes through for you. An elevator would be wonderful.

I dropped the pre-op paperwork at my doctor’s office and found that she cannot do the chest x-ray. But I called the imaging center I use for mammograms and got an appointment Monday afternoon. Except the antibiotics at home, I have not had any bills for the hospitalization, doctors and tests, at least so far. I am so thankful to be on Medicare with a good supplement.

I stopped at Publix for a few things and then went to mom’s house. I worked in the yard in the shade for about an hour and was happy with what I accomplished trimming some off the ligustrum tree, bougainvillea and the crepe myrtle tree that mom grew from a cutting. The area I trimmed will help the guy who cuts the grass.

At home I got a call from my cousin in RI. They’ve been great in checking on me since my medical issues. They wanted to come down here to support me before the surgery but I said no. I appreciate it but it would add to my stress - but I didn’t say that. I told them about the self quarantine and the Covid test.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Ok, my workday is over in 8 minutes, I am still employed and no meeting requests. An old manager had observed that my company had a tendency to notify people on a payday Friday for some reason. And between 2 coworkers on the old team being let go, my current unbusy status, and being left off the invite for a reoccurring meeting, I was concerned. I don't contribute much anymore to that meeting, but it is the only contact I have most days with co-workers.

Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:55 pm Ok, my workday is over in 8 minutes, I am still employed and no meeting requests. An old manager had observed that my company had a tendency to notify people on a payday Friday for some reason. And between 2 coworkers on the old team being let go, my current unbusy status, and being left off the invite for a reoccurring meeting, I was concerned. I don't contribute much anymore to that meeting, but it is the only contact I have most days with co-workers.

Maggie
That is great news. Hopefully your current employment keeps right on.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/