Daily Check In August 13, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In August 13, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I’m at mom’s house. I wanted to work off some anxiety. I worked in the yard for almost an hour but didn’t get out there until 9:20 and just got in and it is hot, already 86 F. I got some high branches cut off the Florida gardenia, trimmed a hibiscus and worked more on the allamanda near the utility building.

I was feeling stressed that I told my cousin not to come down here for my surgery. I know he wasn’t happy but for one of the few times in my life I have to put myself first.

I’ll go home in a few minutes and then have a quiet day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I have been up and around since about 7:30 am. Had two cups of coffee and a slice of toast with hummus on it, which is very tasty. DH and I are about to do a big grocery shopping trip. Got the list made and am having a glass of tea before we head out. It's very steamy today.

While tidying up the bedroom this morning I pulled a lot of stuff from my closet and put it in the donation basket: too big, too worn, haven't put it on in years, out it went.

Hope you all have a good day.
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning everyone,

I enjoyed myself last night. I went down early to the outdoor concert venue to set up my chair. I met 2 friends doing the same thing and we took a walk and then went in search of sustenance. We should have made a reservation. We ended up carrying out a pizza. Then I did some dancing. One of my friend brought her Granddaughter. This girl has come several times. A few weeks ago, there were some kids that had glow in the dark bracelets and they were sharing. Well, she did that this time. It was fun. I have over 10,000 steps. I ended up leaving at intermission as my ankle was hurting. I did not wear the best shoes for the walk. But I am doing ok this morning.

I woke to my alarm, rolled over and got up about 8:30. I sewed the first three burp cloths on the first side. I got one trimmed, turned and top stitched before stopping to watch some Food Network. Now I am ready to iron and top stitch the other 2. I want to have them done by tonight. My Aunt and Uncle are having an Open house gather at their new house. I want to take these incase Aunt S is there and can get them to her son who requested them. Maybe I can get a few bowl cozies completed also.

It is cool again here this morning. About 68 F. I is wonderful to have the fresh air coming in.
Have a great day,
Maggie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Can't wait until it really cools down here.

Went out to the east side of the house to feed some of the cats. Boy it was warm out there already. No shade.

I had gone to the west side with the dogs - lots of trees and shady. Not too bad.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Good morning. As someone else said in m area we are back to the heat, but not the 112 heat. I am more than happy with ninety to a hundred degrees, so I will keep this for awhile.

As Clem said, today is my funeral and eating day. the ceremony is this afternoon and then my two surviving in-laws (brother and sister) are treating us all to dinner. I will leave here a little after twelve and drive to my daughter's house so we can all go together.

Clem, I fully admit I am not doing "funeral attire" in the real sense. I am wearing a dark navy skirt that almost looks black and a white blouse. Kid is making me earrings to match I think as we speak.

My hair could use a trim but I am not running everywhere and my daughter thinks I wear my hair to short as it is so Iam going as I am going today.

I am relaxing before I need to get ready and trying to make some of my plans for the week. It's a moderately busy one but I have some serious sewing I would like to get done and I will try to finally make the weaver's guild meeting tomorrow. I am also going to experiment with a couple silver sneakers classes at the senior center this week and see what I think.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

We are back from grocery shopping. Spent about $137 due to going to Food Lion first for a stock-up on stuff we can't get at Aldi. The store was very busy.

We bought mostly produce and dairy/non-dairy stuff at Aldi, along with some bread, nuts and veggie chips. I bought three packs of their veggie burgers as they make a good lunch for me.
Mackie