Daily Check In August 13, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check In August 13, 2022

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I am hoping some of you will try out the crab apple recipe for juice. It tastes just like apples smell, SO GOOD! I have to check on my supply of those big commercial ice cream store plastic pails. They are the best to use for a big batch of juice. I should say that while it uses cream of tartar to extract the juice from the apples, there is NO TASTE of anything but beautiful apples! I want to make enough this year and hopefully freeze a lot for this winter and maybe mull some of it!! It is just SO GOOD!

Today, I have to go out to the bank and deposit $15 to make sure my bank fees are covered for the month. The other $5.00 I have is taking me over to Sobeys to get half and half for my iced coffees (1 litre lasts all week and that's with having TWO iced coffees a day!). If there is enough money left over, I hope to get some chicken hot dogs as they are the cheapest.

When I get home, the latter half of the afternoon I will vacuum the living room and hallway. Then? A sweep of the kitchen and unloading the dishwasher again. That will probably be enough for me for the day.

For some reason, as of late, I have been SO TIRED. That last three days I have gone to bed way before my usual 10 pm bedtime and still gotten up rather late. I haven't gone to the cardiologist to get the results of those nuclear photos they took of my heart the middle of June. I got a letter from her stating that my stress test was normal so I kind of blew off having to go to get the other results. I saw my CPTSD shrink this week and asked if they weren't just the same test. He told me they were not and I better get that checked out as he still noticed my breathing is irregular and commented on it first thing as I walked into the office. Believe me! I want this all fixed up too!

I'm going to hit the shower before heading out and going to the bank and grocery store.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

LogicsHere wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:01 am Good morning all.

What a beautiful day today is going to be. It's forecasted to be in the high 70s with low humidity. I have most of my windows open and the light breeze coming in is just delightful. Have to make sure I get outdoors later today . . . it's too perfect to sit inside.

Have finished my Saturday morning routine and have done some video watching. Today I have my Saturday chat with my friend. After that I will have lunch and in fact since it's my sandwich day I can sit outside and eat. I want to do some coloring today and I am also planning to watch the new Hallmark movie tonight.

Dinner today will be a turkey burger and veggies.

Well that's it for now. Will look in later. Have a terrific day.
Do you like the movies as well this yr? Seems like a lot of the older actresses and actors have gone to GAC channel. One of the head men from Hallmark went to that channel and the followed him.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good evening,
Bit overcast and low 80s at the moment.

Hit Kroger for milk and eggs and picked up a few markdowns. Overall, a bit less $$ than usual for the week on groceries, which is a good thing.

The rest of the day was an adventure. DH wanted to run errands, so off we went ... until he ran over one of those tie-down straps in the road, and the hook firmly embedded itself into the tire.

DH tried to put on the spare, but the blasted lug nuts wouldn't budge. So I called the auto club. While we were waiting, he tried again — this time the lug nuts cooperated. So he changed the tire, I canceled the Auto Club run, and we dropped the now-flat tire off for repairs.

(Actually, a few folks driving by did stop to ask if we needed help, but we were OK.) So hopefully, that's the end of today's mishaps and we can grab dinner in peace.

MJ, yes ... do go get the results of those tests!
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

ownedbydogs wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:17 pm Do you like the movies as well this yr? Seems like a lot of the older actresses and actors have gone to GAC channel. One of the head men from Hallmark went to that channel and the followed him.
Even before many of them made the switch, the movies were going downhill. I don't particularly care for a few of the new actors they have to give them a chance. I read a brief feature on what the Hallmark Channel thought about more than half of them leaving and they said that they're always on the look out for more talent and believe there's still a lot out there and didn't feel particularly concerned.

I watched the movie last week because I love the Penevegas together and this week has the side story of plus size fashion so we'll see.

What I don't like is the copycat approach that GAC is using. The former Hallmark CEO is copying everything he did on the Hallmark Channel almost right down to the website and schedule. I also don't like the fact that movies that originated on the Hallmark Channel are now being shown on GAC but I suppose that is because the movies are owned by the companies that made them and they're licensed maybe. I'm just surprised that he didn't have a contract where he had to sign a non-compete clause.
Last edited by LogicsHere on Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Noticed I pulled a "quote" repeat rather than and edit on previous post.
Last edited by LogicsHere on Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Just took a home covid test. Had not used them before. I was negative.

Had to test cuz i happened to tell the COD that my cousin the priest that was here last Saturday called and said he tested positive. So he freaked out.

Took me a few minutes to get it going but after I did mine, i did his. His looks like it will also be negative. Have to wait the full 15 minutes.

I made sure to do that swab way up there - :mrgreen: