Daily Check In August 13, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In August 13, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Getting dressed to do some picking of herbs. Back soon I hope.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In August 13, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

So after checking the herbs I decided that I would leave them for a few days in order for them to recover from the last cutting. I then went into the garden and proceeded to be eaten alive while I searched for produce. I now itch all over!!!

As soon as I finish this post I will have some breakfast and start the Cream of Mushroom soup. Once that soup is done I will make the Cream of Celery soup. I hope to have many containers in the freezer to use for meals when I just do not feel like cooking. Whilst putting those containers in the freezer I will pull out some of last year's blueberries to thaw and make jam with either tonight or early tomorrow morning.

I have already sent in my scan, and my extra cleaning for today will be dusting all the baseboards in the house. There are a couple of areas that will need a bit of a scrub.

A little bit of cash will be spent today. I need to get our prescriptions as they are going to run out before we are home, and I need to get pectin (yes I cheat making jam) as well as some jam jars and quart jars. I seem to have run short on canning jars now.

It is overcast and there is a smell of rain in the air. We did get a sprinkle, but I am hoping for more. A nice long soak would be perfect for the lawns and flower beds.

This afternoon I hope to mostly finish the last embroidered motif on the corners of the table cloth. I will then set it aside until we come home. That is when I will figure out how to arrange the center motifs. It is a bit bulky to take with me on our trip so I will likely stick with just taking my knitting. Must also phone the youngest in our family today and warn him that I will not be phoning again until the 27th of this month due to holidays.

Supper tonight is going to be stuffed chicken breasts, and a salad.

Today I will be grateful for whatever I can manage to get done. That will be one less item on the list to do before we leave for our break.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

What a beautiful day today is going to be. It's forecasted to be in the high 70s with low humidity. I have most of my windows open and the light breeze coming in is just delightful. Have to make sure I get outdoors later today . . . it's too perfect to sit inside.

Have finished my Saturday morning routine and have done some video watching. Today I have my Saturday chat with my friend. After that I will have lunch and in fact since it's my sandwich day I can sit outside and eat. I want to do some coloring today and I am also planning to watch the new Hallmark movie tonight.

Dinner today will be a turkey burger and veggies.

Well that's it for now. Will look in later. Have a terrific day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept until almost 7 this morning. I had oatmeal with blueberries for breakfast.

Since I now have 3 half gallons of milk that have a sell by date of Sept 1, with a use by date of Sept 10. I pitched that last of the open one. Less than a couple of ounces. I enjoyed my coffee this morning. I usually order the vanilla Mootopia every other week.

I have a lot to put away today. I want my sewing area so that I can actually use it. I have 3 packages coming today. One is a book about cloth dolls. It looked interesting. I found it used at a very good price.

My giveaway bin is about half full. I keep adding to it. Once in a while I find something I can use and I take it but most of the time stuff goes.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Slept off and on through the night. Sometimes I think this is how it will be from now on. I need to get a recliner so I can take naps!

The pack has been out. The sun is out. Hopefully we won't hit 100 today. Will be close. This is getting old.

Have to get my wardrobe ready for the next two days. Ugh - need to update the funeral clothing. Sad but true.

I will probably stick close to home unless am needed somewhere else. Things should have been finalized by yesterday. Now just to wait.

Other family members driving in tomorrow.

Take care!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:01 am Good morning all.

What a beautiful day today is going to be. It's forecasted to be in the high 70s with low humidity. I have most of my windows open and the light breeze coming in is just delightful. Have to make sure I get outdoors later today . . . it's too perfect to sit inside.

Have finished my Saturday morning routine and have done some video watching. Today I have my Saturday chat with my friend. After that I will have lunch and in fact since it's my sandwich day I can sit outside and eat. I want to do some coloring today and I am also planning to watch the new Hallmark movie tonight.

Dinner today will be a turkey burger and veggies.

Well that's it for now. Will look in later. Have a terrific day.
Logics, the other day you mentioned visiting heritage Village in Largo. I like it, too. Mom and I visited it often including about a year before she died. I applied for a job there as a curator fresh out of college with a history degree but didn’t get it.