Daily Check In August 14, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In August 14, 2022

Post by Quilter51 »

Went to the funeral, which was lovely and then out to dinner with family yesterday. Husband (they were separeted) did not come to ceremony but did to dinner. A teeny bit awkward.

Still not sure of cause, she was extremely depressed and it looks like she may have taken pills and fallen asleep with heating pad and tried to change her mind as she was on floor dear door. Autopsies take along time.

Since I had communion and allt hat yesterday as part of the funeral I am now worshiping at home today, and will do evensong this evening.

I do have some things I need to get one and at least some walking, sabbath or no. About to hit target for a quick pickup, then have lunch. I want to roate laundry at least, and I got a new cover for my couch so I will play with that before I head to the crafting or reading zone.

My church is having their bazaar in October so starting tomorrow we will be working on that project.

Dinner is tentatively sloppy joes and salad, Unless I cave and get whataburger in which case dinner will be eggs and salad and vegetable because every allowed carb will have been used for lunch, lol.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, everyone. Been cooking, cleaning, bathing dogs and cut DS's hair today. I am so tired I can barely wiggle.

Would not have done so much except this morning we had a lot of produce to be processed for the freezer, and this afternoon the dogs had to be cleaned up: two of them have had digestive upsets. Since I knew I would get filthy washing dogs, I grabbed DS and cut his hair first.

DH is snoring away in his recliner. Must be nice! :-D

I want to swap out my handbag for an older one found while cleaning my closet yesterday, but it's going to take a few minutes before I feel like standing up again. More weekend is needed here.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

All garden processing is done and about half the canning jars are put away. Now the last few need to cool a bit more before I label and put away. I did find a few jars that will need tossing (drat) as they are way out of date or the seal went.

Going to water the plants this evening when it cools off a little bit. The temperature in the city right now is 33 C or about 90 F, but feels so much warmer.

I did a little work on the embroidery and will hopefully have time to finish it off tomorrow. I may work on it in the evening for a bit to make sure things are done.

Supper is in the oven (which does not help the air conditioning, but the roast needs cooking). Hubby brought in an onion that he accidentally hit with the potato fork. As he was cleaning it up and cutting it up he looked at me and said "Waste not, want not." I think the uptick in prices has him thinking a bit harder.

I picked a few more beans so will cook those to go with our supper, or perhaps freeze them to use when we get back. That makes more sense as I have carrots, and salad to use up tonight.

I did get the stove cleaned and later tonight (once I decide on the beans) I will wash the floor (watering the plants comes first).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, the upsurge in prices has me working hard not to waste anything. I found a bowl of radishes in the fridge that were going a bit soft, put them in ice water and they crisped right back up. DH ate half of them with his lunch.
Mackie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:
It has been cool, and yet humid stuffy feeling. We have had misty rain off and on today.
Son in law goes back to his regular job on Wednesday, Thank God! He has been working in a heat treating area of this plant for about 2 and 1/2 months and it has been so hard on him. I have prayed for this every night.
Just got back from the kids house, had to take a borrowed tool to them and then we played a round of a board game on the back deck, covered with a blanket and had a cappuccino while playing... it was fun.

They had gone shopping earlier today, one of their recliners totally gave it up. So got a new recliner and did some grocery shopping while in the bigger town with more variety of stores. Of course the subject of prices is always a topic , of discussion. They work such different shifts that having a family set down meal only happens on weekends. He comes home after 2nd shift starving, so they try to have something fixed to heat and eat.

Made some tuna salad so that is something to pull out and ready made. supper tonight and lunch this week for a couple days.
picked a zucchini , might make some zucchini bread...we shall see.
Need to do floors tomorrow,
JCKItty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have been busy today, the laundry is all folded and put away except for the towels in the dryer.

I partially rearranged my sewing area in the bedroom.

My pillows are mostly stuffed, I will compare size and then even them out. After that is done I will sew the opening closed on both of them.

In the morning after breakfast I will finish loading the dishwasher and set it off.

Penny