Daily Check In August 14, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In August 14, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get some coffee. Back after a few swallows of said coffee.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In August 14, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I got up early today mainly because it is going to be a busy process the garden day before we leave.

I have the relish on the stove doing it's sit overnight thing, and I will be draining it shortly and getting it cooking. I have lots of jars to wash now as I went yesterday and picked some up. The blueberries are thawed and so blueberry jam will be made from that as well. I also think I have enough cucumbers for a jar of pickles.

I will need to go out at some point today and check the herbs to see if any are ready to be picked and dehydrated tomorrow, as well as do another hunt through the garden. This is really a bad time to be taking a holiday, but if we want to visit oldest DS this is probably the best time before he goes back to work.

It is supposed to be another very warm day, with perhaps those thunderstorms that have been predicted happening later tonight. Not much in the way of rain falling though and we could certainly use some.

I am almost finished the last corner motif on the tablecloth. As I said before this will be set aside until I come back and then the center will be worked on. This time I will only trace one pattern at a time to work on. While it will not be done by the end of the month, I will be close.

Next month I will finish it, my brick quilt, begin work on the quilt for youngest, and probably the rug for the oldest (though I don't know quite how he will like a round rug instead of oblong). I may throw in Hubby a pair of pj bottoms as well.

Other than those tasks, I will be getting things accomplished for our trip. Making packing lists, perhaps washing clothing a day early (though that could wait until tomorrow). I may get some cleaning done instead of the laundry. Not the day of rest I envisioned when the week first started and I made my to do list. Still it will be nice to get away even though it seems like I am the one who gets everything together and packed.

Supper tonight will be roast beef, roasted potatoes (I will use up the ones Hubby picked from the garden) and roasted carrots. Anything leftover will be frozen for when we come back. I may use some of the beef for sandwiches for our trip on Tuesday though as well as some of the fruit in the fruit drawer, and raw veggies. Not too sure if I will pack a sweet of some kind or not. Perhaps just the fruit and some cheese...

Off to get some jars washed and then take my walk before hanging over a hot stove.

Today I am grateful that I have anything coming at all in the garden considering the very strange weather we have been having.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Couldn't sleep again, so decided to just get up and get this day started. Today is the viewing and rosary.

I'm planning my schedule in my head. Relax and read, drink coffee and then jump in the shower at ten. Start getting ready. See when the others will be there. It opens at 2.

Tomorrow will have to get up early also.

Hope all have a great day.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:23 am Good morning all

Couldn't sleep again, so decided to just get up and get this day started. Today is the viewing and rosary.

I'm planning my schedule in my head. Relax and read, drink coffee and then jump in the shower at ten. Start getting ready. See when the others will be there. It opens at 2.

Tomorrow will have to get up early also.

Hope all have a great day.
I will be thinking of you and your family today.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:58 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

I got up early today mainly because it is going to be a busy process the garden day before we leave.

I have the relish on the stove doing it's sit overnight thing, and I will be draining it shortly and getting it cooking. I have lots of jars to wash now as I went yesterday and picked some up. The blueberries are thawed and so blueberry jam will be made from that as well. I also think I have enough cucumbers for a jar of pickles.

I will need to go out at some point today and check the herbs to see if any are ready to be picked and dehydrated tomorrow, as well as do another hunt through the garden. This is really a bad time to be taking a holiday, but if we want to visit oldest DS this is probably the best time before he goes back to work.

It is supposed to be another very warm day, with perhaps those thunderstorms that have been predicted happening later tonight. Not much in the way of rain falling though and we could certainly use some.

I am almost finished the last corner motif on the tablecloth. As I said before this will be set aside until I come back and then the center will be worked on. This time I will only trace one pattern at a time to work on. While it will not be done by the end of the month, I will be close.

Next month I will finish it, my brick quilt, begin work on the quilt for youngest, and probably the rug for the oldest (though I don't know quite how he will like a round rug instead of oblong). I may throw in Hubby a pair of pj bottoms as well.

Other than those tasks, I will be getting things accomplished for our trip. Making packing lists, perhaps washing clothing a day early (though that could wait until tomorrow). I may get some cleaning done instead of the laundry. Not the day of rest I envisioned when the week first started and I made my to do list. Still it will be nice to get away even though it seems like I am the one who gets everything together and packed.

Supper tonight will be roast beef, roasted potatoes (I will use up the ones Hubby picked from the garden) and roasted carrots. Anything leftover will be frozen for when we come back. I may use some of the beef for sandwiches for our trip on Tuesday though as well as some of the fruit in the fruit drawer, and raw veggies. Not too sure if I will pack a sweet of some kind or not. Perhaps just the fruit and some cheese...

Off to get some jars washed and then take my walk before hanging over a hot stove.

Today I am grateful that I have anything coming at all in the garden considering the very strange weather we have been having.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
That sounds like a really busy day!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

My houseguest left this morning, so my plan is to clean that bedroom and get extra sheets and towels washed.
Our weather is so much better now...nice and cool.
My neighbors have all been dropping vegetables off from their gardens....so appreciated!
Have a great day!