Daily Check In August 14, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In August 14, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

A nice summer day in the mid 80s and low humidity. Doesn't look like any rain in the forecast for at least another week. Hope we get more than just a passing summer shower because the ground is SO SO dry.

I really liked the Hallmark movie last night, one of the best ones in the last year and a half. It reminded me a bit of the Devil Wears Prada.

Nothing special planned for today except to pick up a prescription.

Dinner tonight is leftover spaghetti and green beans.

Have a great day.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
Rainy and cool here. High of 73 F. I arranged to visit DS1 & family in about 2 hours. I want to run to JoAnn's for cotton batting to make more Bowl Cozies. I delivered the burp cloths to the baby's Grandmother who will go to see her this coming week.

DS1 apparently broke his feet a couple of months back and it was discovered when the podiatrist did an MRI. Poor kid has my (and my Dad's flat feet. DS2 does also. So he is getting an injection tomorrow and will be non weight bearing for 3 weeks and still in a boot the following 3 weeks. Next week the DGSs begin school, but they have a staggered schedule. So tomorrow my parents are going to keep the DGSs.

So adventures await.
Have a great day,
Maggie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have been busy this morning, I have the bottom sheet on my bed. The sheet are in the dryer. I had a small section of the shower curtain, that wasn’t where it belonged and I had to mop up the bathroom floor. I used towels since I don’t own a mop. All my towels that I used went into a small towel wash. I need to Swiffer the floor. Hopefully tomorrow.

I still need to make the bed. I want to finally stuff the new pillows. I also have emptied the dishwasher, I still need to do the dish drainer.

Things are slowly getting done.

Penny
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

Up and piddling around. I did sleep last night and it must have rained...evidently not a lot but enough to wet the ground.
I have been letting my chickens out of their pen, they do not go over to the neighbors which is a good thing but I do have to pay attention if the neighbors come home because their dog will chase and kill them in my yard. The neighbors travel a lot and are hardly ever here.
I have the robo-vac going and a loaf of bread mixing, will bake off later.
It is gloomy looking outside but it is cool and refreshing so that is a good thing.
If the weather doesn't get sunnier we might have a board game afternoon.
Not a lot else to report, I did cut and freeze 10 ears of corn, produce coming in so slowly. Good in some ways but would love to get enough cucumbers to pickle a bunch at a time. I would like to get a total of 20 quarts but it doesn't look like that will happen unless I am given or buy some cucumbers.
Off to see what else I can get into.
JCKitty
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

Happy Sunday everyone! I got up in time to watch my Sunday shows and have plans for after lunch. I am just now enjoying a double espresso while watching Brian Stetler's show, Reliable Sources on CNN. It's mostly about media and how news i presented. I always like it because I leave being more informed about media culture.

Today, it is Opal's bedding change day. I'll do up her cage and then later this afternoon need to vacuum up the shavings she kicks out because she figures they are too much or in the wrong location. AND since it's Opal's bedding change day, I'll make it mine too! Yesterday, on Facebook Marketplace, I saw a set of 100% Egyptian cotton sheets for a double bed for $7.00. Such a good price! I might borrow some moolah from my neighbor to get them as without the Sears Catalog (cry!), it's hard to find cotton sheets and shop for towels.
I'll most likely get in a load of laundry today while I do some tidy up in the kitchen. Most of it is my leggings which I just lay over the living room furniture to dry. I really need a drying rack. I should do a bit of shopping on Canadian Tire and Walmart sites.

I did get hot dogs yesterday but the half and half was much more than my budget so chocolate milk was on sale and I figured, "What the heck is the difference?" Well, BIG difference and I've tried making two iced coffees with it and it's not gonna cut it. Yah, I better borrow some money so I can feel happier with my iced coffee. Today, I'm not even turning on my ice maker unless I decide on using some in my peach iced tea. Can't decide yet.

I'm being entertained on Twitter with all the GQP trying to spin trump taking out the most highest classified documents produced by agendies of the USA government. They don't seem to know how classified intel works. trump CANNOT just unilaterally "declassify" anything. Whoever first produced the document has to give permission and military secrets at the top level and other intel at the top level is NEVER declassified. I don't know why they stick to supporting the orange suppurating pustule. I do feel a smidge of sorrow for that man who went, on trump's behalf, to kill FBI agents in Ohio. He died in a cornfield for a con man, liar and one of the most vile human being ever produced in the USA. I hope if his family was in the cult that this wakes them up and they get back to reality. Too many radicalized and dangerous people in the country willing to take up arms against anyone trump has declared "war" upon. Sad.

Well that's what's going on so far today. I may get out to get my half and half if I can borrow some moolah from my neighbor. I think Ron will let me. He knows I always pay him back at the first of the month.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ

Clem,
I hope that the Rosary and visitation tonight is lovely. I know I saw a lot of people at my Dad's Rosary who couldn't attend the service but made it to the Rosary the night before the funeral. Thinking of you today.
Last edited by Prairie Waif2 on Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope has a good imagination.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Relish and pickles done. I have even cleaned up and am taking a break then working on getting the blueberry jam done. I have worked up a sweat I tell you. Actually pretty happy over what I have accomplished so far. I may have time to clean the stove top and wash the floors today (two chores for tomorrow that can be crossed off).

I will probably have to purchase some more jars to make salsa, pickled hot peppers and such when I get back.

I plan on making a packing list tonight and get started on that tomorrow morning, perhaps even get some items into the vehicle. I would like to leave fairly early to see if we miss most of the heat on Tuesday after I water all the plants well in the morning. I do have a friend that will come over and water while we are gone...unless she forgets which is something she is prone to do. Caught her forgetting on Friday already.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/