Daily Check in Aug 15, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check in Aug 15, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:56 pm Thank you all!

I am home from this mornings service and reception.

Everything went so well. So beautiful. My niece gave a beautiful eulogy for her mom. There were tears but also laughter thinking of all the good times.

It rained hard during the mass - so much needed since we are in a severe drought. She knew we needed it. Isn't there a saying about if it rains during a funeral, that means the person is in heaven?

The rain stopped when we went to the cemetery. A little muddy out there but we made it. Reception went well. The food was delicious. I did order too much - as the advice of my other sister - should of stuck to my original plan, but again all worked out great. People got to take home food for dinner!! Then the brothers and nephews jumped in and put away all the tables and chairs. The mopping and cleaning will be done by people hired by the church. That is all we had to pay for.

All went so smoothly!!! We were very lucky or should i say blessed. She was looking out for us.
I'm glad it all went well, Clem. Thinking of you - take care of yourself!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check in Aug 15, 2022

Post by Quilter51 »

If I have to have an extreme, I will always choose the heat over the cold. As In the cold weather just plan my activities and errands in the morning part of the day or the late evening. But then cold=pain for me in all areas, so that affects it as well.