Daily Check in Aug 15, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in Aug 15, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:35 am Update, Just finished a staff meeting. Manager was out last week for a family emergency but was handling critical issues. But he stated that "restructuring" for the year was complete. So if we did not hear from him last week, we are ok. Shew!
That’s great, Maggie.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:21 am Penny, I am sorry you are in pain this morning.

Clem, it was so good to hear how lovely your sister's service was.

Maggie (((hugs))) that everything stays good with your job, and FloridaCat, I hope all goes off without a hitch as you get ready for your surgery. Safe journeys, Jackie.

We have students moving in today and my knees are suffering from what bits of stair-climbing I've already had to do.

Our morning at home got off to a nasty start, literally: All three dogs are now having digestive issues. The oldest one scratched at the door to go out around 1 a.m. and I let her out. When she did it again later, DH (who was not thinking right due to being bleary-headed) shut her up in the den. Poor old girl pooped all over everything. So he was cleaning and had called the vet when I left for work. I suspect the youngest one picked up a bug and helpfully passed it to her sisters and they now all have it, so we're hoping the vet will analyze the sample and treat all of them at once without us having to take them all physically to the office, as the oldest and youngest really dislike being in the car together.

However, looking for the good here: I have lost another pound, enough that I bought two pairs of smaller pants off eBay over the weekend. And last night, a week short of having her three months, Dora Kitty finally came and sat in my lap for a few minutes. My heart melted! <3<3<3 She likes to sit nearby and be petted, but has not ever lap cuddled with us. (She was probably seeking refuge from those stinky dogs! :-D)

I have had my apple-bran muffin snack and am going to drink some more tea. Hope you all have a good day.
I’m glad that the pups have the garden variety intestinal upset but that doesn’t make the cleanup any easier. Been there with Pippi.

Good for you with the weight loss!!

It took a LONG time for Pippi to sit in my lap. Dora Kitty is such a sweetie! 🐱
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:41 am Good morning all

I am dressed and ready to go. Strangely we are getting rain! And the temps are nice.

Some of the family got up early and are meeting at the funeral home and drive over here in a procession. I knew I could not get up that early. I stay up too late. I will just meet them there.

I hope my umbrella is in my car!
Thinking of you and your family today, Clem.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:21 am Penny, I am sorry you are in pain this morning.

Clem, it was so good to hear how lovely your sister's service was.

Maggie (((hugs))) that everything stays good with your job, and FloridaCat, I hope all goes off without a hitch as you get ready for your surgery. Safe journeys, Jackie.

We have students moving in today and my knees are suffering from what bits of stair-climbing I've already had to do.

Our morning at home got off to a nasty start, literally: All three dogs are now having digestive issues. The oldest one scratched at the door to go out around 1 a.m. and I let her out. When she did it again later, DH (who was not thinking right due to being bleary-headed) shut her up in the den. Poor old girl pooped all over everything. So he was cleaning and had called the vet when I left for work. I suspect the youngest one picked up a bug and helpfully passed it to her sisters and they now all have it, so we're hoping the vet will analyze the sample and treat all of them at once without us having to take them all physically to the office, as the oldest and youngest really dislike being in the car together.

However, looking for the good here: I have lost another pound, enough that I bought two pairs of smaller pants off eBay over the weekend. And last night, a week short of having her three months, Dora Kitty finally came and sat in my lap for a few minutes. My heart melted! <3<3<3 She likes to sit nearby and be petted, but has not ever lap cuddled with us. (She was probably seeking refuge from those stinky dogs! :-D)

I have had my apple-bran muffin snack and am going to drink some more tea. Hope you all have a good day.
Well..THAT is a rough start to your day! Hope the pups feel better very quickly.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:35 am Update, Just finished a staff meeting. Manager was out last week for a family emergency but was handling critical issues. But he stated that "restructuring" for the year was complete. So if we did not hear from him last week, we are ok. Shew!
A very big relief!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Usual stuff here today. Laundry..cleaning bathrooms. I need to clean out the refrigerator too.
Our weather is so much better now..no more horribly hot days. I have so much more energy.
Jackie..you must be getting excited to see your boys.