Daily Check in Aug 15, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check in Aug 15, 2022

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon!
Cloudy and 72 here; we're supposed to get some light rain at some point.

Sunday was a bit less hectic than Saturday. Found a new light fixture for the closet (which looks like the old fixture, just a different metal). We decided to install it, which went pretty well. Keeping a close watch on it for any flickering, but so far, so good.

Today, finally got the painting started. Did a section of baseboard and part of the door frame. The space is a bit awkward — the bathroom door opens right against the door of the linen closet, so I have to paint in sections.

Have some financial stuff to take care of and need to do some vacuuming.

Yay! for Maggie. Glad to hear you're OK on the job.
Clem and Quilter, thinking of your families ....
Florida ... sending good thoughts your way as you prepare for surgery.
And Jackie, enjoy your trip!
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Glad to hear that you can relax now, Maggie.

Mackie, three dogs ill at one time cannot be fun. Clem, thinking of your family.

Yesterday was my rest and recovery day post funeral. I woke up at five this morning, really wish I could last until six. Some of it is plain hunger as I have started eating earlier, I may need to allow for later eating or a bedtime snack. I still got more than six hours so am not complaining.

I have walked about fifteen minutes (too hot this morning to go out with my walker) and will do more this evening. I had a good breakfast and am about to save soup and a piece of peanut butter toast and then I will head out to my church crafting group where we are right now working on small projects for the bazaar.

Then I will try and get my hair cut, and grab panera to bring back for dinner I dont know if I will try for fall fabric at joannes or save that for another day.

Tonight I will see what is on TV and knit or read. I am ready for football so I can get some serious knitting done, darn it, between that and the world cup, I expect lots of TV time this fall. My current paid for subscription is PBS master piece I may need to see what's new. I also have been watching this new show on Netflix where they renovate ahouse in 12 hours.

Off to do my stuff
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Thank you all!

I am home from this mornings service and reception.

Everything went so well. So beautiful. My niece gave a beautiful eulogy for her mom. There were tears but also laughter thinking of all the good times.

It rained hard during the mass - so much needed since we are in a severe drought. She knew we needed it. Isn't there a saying about if it rains during a funeral, that means the person is in heaven?

The rain stopped when we went to the cemetery. A little muddy out there but we made it. Reception went well. The food was delicious. I did order too much - as the advice of my other sister - should of stuck to my original plan, but again all worked out great. People got to take home food for dinner!! Then the brothers and nephews jumped in and put away all the tables and chairs. The mopping and cleaning will be done by people hired by the church. That is all we had to pay for.

All went so smoothly!!! We were very lucky or should i say blessed. She was looking out for us.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:56 pm Thank you all!

I am home from this mornings service and reception.

Everything went so well. So beautiful. My niece gave a beautiful eulogy for her mom. There were tears but also laughter thinking of all the good times.

It rained hard during the mass - so much needed since we are in a severe drought. She knew we needed it. Isn't there a saying about if it rains during a funeral, that means the person is in heaven?

The rain stopped when we went to the cemetery. A little muddy out there but we made it. Reception went well. The food was delicious. I did order too much - as the advice of my other sister - should of stuck to my original plan, but again all worked out great. People got to take home food for dinner!! Then the brothers and nephews jumped in and put away all the tables and chairs. The mopping and cleaning will be done by people hired by the church. That is all we had to pay for.

All went so smoothly!!! We were very lucky or should i say blessed. She was looking out for us.
I am so glad it all went well, Clem. (((Hugs)))
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I am home from the chest X-ray. I got there early and got out before my appointment time. The rest of the pre-op testing is Wednesday morning.

At mom’s house it would have been a good day to trim the ixora that are in the direct sun because it was very overcast. But I didn’t want to get sweaty so it will wait for another day. (At least when I am “quarantining” I can go over there and work in the yard.)

Tomorrow will be a fun day because I’m having lunch with two friends. That will be my last outing before surgery. We’ll eat outside.

My good friend that invites me for Christmas will drive me to the surgery at the end of the month and wait through the outcome. I started thinking today how much I appreciate her. So I ordered a nice gift card from Chico’s, her favorite store, and will give it to her with a card on the way to the hospital. I am so blessed.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:35 am Update, Just finished a staff meeting. Manager was out last week for a family emergency but was handling critical issues. But he stated that "restructuring" for the year was complete. So if we did not hear from him last week, we are ok. Shew!
Happy for your Maggie, I was hoping to hear good news before we left on our little holiday.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/