Daily Check in Aug 15, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in Aug 15, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Penny, I am sorry you are in pain this morning.

Clem, it was so good to hear how lovely your sister's service was.

Maggie (((hugs))) that everything stays good with your job, and FloridaCat, I hope all goes off without a hitch as you get ready for your surgery. Safe journeys, Jackie.

We have students moving in today and my knees are suffering from what bits of stair-climbing I've already had to do.

Our morning at home got off to a nasty start, literally: All three dogs are now having digestive issues. The oldest one scratched at the door to go out around 1 a.m. and I let her out. When she did it again later, DH (who was not thinking right due to being bleary-headed) shut her up in the den. Poor old girl pooped all over everything. So he was cleaning and had called the vet when I left for work. I suspect the youngest one picked up a bug and helpfully passed it to her sisters and they now all have it, so we're hoping the vet will analyze the sample and treat all of them at once without us having to take them all physically to the office, as the oldest and youngest really dislike being in the car together.

However, looking for the good here: I have lost another pound, enough that I bought two pairs of smaller pants off eBay over the weekend. And last night, a week short of having her three months, Dora Kitty finally came and sat in my lap for a few minutes. My heart melted! <3<3<3 She likes to sit nearby and be petted, but has not ever lap cuddled with us. (She was probably seeking refuge from those stinky dogs! :-D)

I have had my apple-bran muffin snack and am going to drink some more tea. Hope you all have a good day.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Yep Maggie, running around and getting things cleaned up a bit before we go. I have managed to get a walk in though so I am happy about that.

The sinks and counters in the kitchen have been deep cleaned, one wash load on the lines, second load in the washer. I have cleaned off the top of the dishwasher, unloaded it and added some more dirty dishes. I started on the bathroom but needed a bit of a break. I may sweep and wash the floors before doing that though (Hubby still asleep so they would have a chance to dry a bit).

After the floors and bathroom are done, I plan on calling in our medications, finishing tidying the desk, and cleaning the bedrooms. By the time I finish those I should have the next load in the washer, another on the lines and be ready to head out to get our scripts, cash for the trip, and fill the car with gas.

Things will be done fairly quickly I hope on the lines and I can start to pack up a few things.

Off I go to get back to work, I have had a long enough break. Will check in later.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Clem, thinking of you and your family today.

I have been up and getting stuff done, it is a cool damp day. I am getting ready to make a loaf of zucchini bread and floor need cleaned afterwards.
Not a lot else going on, just the usual house chores.
Might check back later.
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

DH texted me and thankfully the dogs do not have giardia. We went through that twice with our old Welsh corgi and Rosie Dog when she was a puppy and thought we'd never get them cleared up. Whew! So they have garden-variety irritated GI tracts for whatever reason and all have the same medications.
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Update, Just finished a staff meeting. Manager was out last week for a family emergency but was handling critical issues. But he stated that "restructuring" for the year was complete. So if we did not hear from him last week, we are ok. Shew!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Maggie, I am doing a happy dance for you!
Mackie