Daily Check in Aug 16, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in Aug 16, 2022

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:22 pm So we had our siblings funeral yesterday

Earlier my brothers SIL passed away

And now another :shock: brothers BIL passed away

I might go with my younger brother to the viewing. Lots of traveling ahead.
Clem so sorry to hear about all of the deaths you are dealing with. I cannot imagine how stressful it is for you and your family.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

alliesmama4 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:49 pm Mackie I have not been on the forum in weeks what is going on with your fur babies?
They have all come down with a digestive ailment. The vet says it is not giardia, but they have all had vomiting and diarrhea. The vet gave us probiotics for them, but it has not helped much. If they aren't better by Friday, the vet needs to see all of them.

The poor little things have all been miserable. :(
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:20 pm They have all come down with a digestive ailment. The vet says it is not giardia, but they have all had vomiting and diarrhea. The vet gave us probiotics for them, but it has not helped much. If they aren't better by Friday, the vet needs to see all of them.

The poor little things have all been miserable. :(
I am so sorry to hear this especially since all of the are sick. A lot of extra work and worry for you as well as the expense. I hope they start to feel better soon.
Janet Alliesmama
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Quilter51 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:49 pm Penny, if you get bored, I have about a dozen cloth trick or treat bags and dog bandanas here to sew, lol.

Only errands I got done were walmart and my hair cut. came home and did some things and then I also went and signed my lease today (the day is not till October first but now it is out of the way).

I have been feeling very tired lately, even though I feel like I am getting some sleep. (no apnea that I am aware of). I have increased my vitamins and will add vitamin d this week as well as my protein. But I am allowing my energy to go down a bit. no more all day errand days or whatever. One thing a day is all I can handle!

Im also going to be starting a prescription pain killer here shortly. Not an opoid but also not tylenol arthritis (I take daily aspirin 650 so ubuprofin is nto allowed).

Since I had to go out to sign the lease, I picked up a roasted chicken and egg style potato salad which I will have with a salad or frozen spinach and fruit. Nothing but zapping and maybe cutting this evening.

Right now I am cutting out many projects. after dinner I will try and get some knitting done.
Wish we lived close so I could give you all the knitting and quilting materials I got out of sisters house. They are going in a yard sale Saturday. About a zillion craft books she has collected over the yrs. I do none of them anymore. She wasn’t a hoarder and everything was neat, but my house and buildings are full of her stuff. Hope to find someone that will use it to take the craft items that don’t sell.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

owned, I am sure you will find takers. If not, suggest you contact the local quilt guild for the fabric related stuff.

Janet, thanks for thinking of me . This is very recent and not every day. I'll discuss it with my doctor but I am pretty sure it's due to pain increases which are fairly drastic, and my type two issues and such. Last night I read the new Danielle steele in a couple of hours (why do I read her any more) and went to bed at 12 and got up at six thirty and right now I feel fine. I also need to be more active.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Quilter51 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:26 am owned, I am sure you will find takers. If not, suggest you contact the local quilt guild for the fabric related stuff.

Janet, thanks for thinking of me . This is very recent and not every day. I'll discuss it with my doctor but I am pretty sure it's due to pain increases which are fairly drastic, and my type two issues and such. Last night I read the new Danielle steele in a couple of hours (why do I read her any more) and went to bed at 12 and got up at six thirty and right now I feel fine. I also need to be more active.

I also had severe insomnia and once went three days without sleeping. I was a ball of energy and was not really tired or sleepy. My husband said, " you never sleep but when you do you snore loudly and stop breathing for long periods of time. " It is good to talk to the Dr for just in case.
Janet Alliesmama