Daily Check in Aug 16, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in Aug 16, 2022

Post by alliesmama4 »

Quilter51 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:49 pm Penny, if you get bored, I have about a dozen cloth trick or treat bags and dog bandanas here to sew, lol.

Only errands I got done were walmart and my hair cut. came home and did some things and then I also went and signed my lease today (the day is not till October first but now it is out of the way).

I have been feeling very tired lately, even though I feel like I am getting some sleep. (no apnea that I am aware of). I have increased my vitamins and will add vitamin d this week as well as my protein. But I am allowing my energy to go down a bit. no more all day errand days or whatever. One thing a day is all I can handle!

Im also going to be starting a prescription pain killer here shortly. Not an opoid but also not tylenol arthritis (I take daily aspirin 650 so ubuprofin is nto allowed).

Since I had to go out to sign the lease, I picked up a roasted chicken and egg style potato salad which I will have with a salad or frozen spinach and fruit. Nothing but zapping and maybe cutting this evening.

Right now I am cutting out many projects. after dinner I will try and get some knitting done.
Quilter have you been evaluated for sleep apnea? I was unaware I had it until my husband told me that I stopped breathing for long periods of time and he thought I needed a c-pap. it. I had severe sleep apnea. My Dr said I had one of the worse cases he had ever seen, and I did not have a clue.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:34 pm He has Blue Cross Blue Shield, VA and Medicare. I will tell him to see if he can get more tests.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

MJ, checking on rooms is actually part of my job. My supervisor last year knew I had trouble with the stairs and rarely had me go up them: he would ask first if I felt up to it. This year everyone is quite young and they aren't giving any thought to it. All the building assistants are old enough to be their parents or grandparents. It's been difficult for all of us.

I stopped at Food Lion on the way home for paper towels, cat litter, peach iced tea mix and more reduced calorie cranberry juice while it's on sale. The shelf price has jumped up to $4.99 a bottle, which is $2 more than a year ago.

Had to give the back half of all the dogs another bath when I got home. Probiotics are not yet doing the trick. I mixed up some baby rice cereal with broth, baby food ham, and pumpkin for them and they all ate a little supper. Hope that recipe plus tiny meals will get the nutrition to stick with them. They seem more comfortable right now and are all lying around my chair, having a little nap.
Mackie
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:43 pm Yet another update. Both DGSs had good first days at school. DGS5 was excited to buy his lunch in the cafeteria. But DS1 had part of his foot wrap come apart. He got an appointment with the podiatrist at 9:00 AM. It sounds like DDIL was in a bit of a tizzy trying to arrange things. Get the boys on the bus while driving DS. So I volunteered to go drive him. I have plenty of time to take off.
Maggie..I am so glad both boys had a good first day of school.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:30 pm MJ, checking on rooms is actually part of my job. My supervisor last year knew I had trouble with the stairs and rarely had me go up them: he would ask first if I felt up to it. This year everyone is quite young and they aren't giving any thought to it. All the building assistants are old enough to be their parents or grandparents. It's been difficult for all of us.

I stopped at Food Lion on the way home for paper towels, cat litter, peach iced tea mix and more reduced calorie cranberry juice while it's on sale. The shelf price has jumped up to $4.99 a bottle, which is $2 more than a year ago.

Had to give the back half of all the dogs another bath when I got home. Probiotics are not yet doing the trick. I mixed up some baby rice cereal with broth, baby food ham, and pumpkin for them and they all ate a little supper. Hope that recipe plus tiny meals will get the nutrition to stick with them. They seem more comfortable right now and are all lying around my chair, having a little nap.
Mackie I have not been on the forum in weeks what is going on with your fur babies?
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

So we had our siblings funeral yesterday

Earlier my brothers SIL passed away

And now another :shock: brothers BIL passed away

I might go with my younger brother to the viewing. Lots of traveling ahead.