Daily Check in Aug 16, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Aug 16, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning Frugal Friends,

Just got a text with a pic of DGS8 ready for school. He got glasses, so he is wearing them to school today. He is at a new school this year, so half the class arrives today and are off tomorrow and half arrive tomorrow. DGS5 has a similar staggered start. The both will go Monday. A second picture showed DS1 sitting with his foot in a cast. His injection went well.

I just pout in for time off the week of my birthday in October. I'd like to go somewhere else for a few days, but not sure where.

Have a great day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in Aug 16, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Jackie, have a great trip to see your boys.

I slept well. Today two friends and I are going to the French-Vietnamese restaurant for lunch. Last time we tried to go there it was closed for summer vacation. Later this afternoon I’ll probably run to Publix to pick up a Rx. This is a Rx that Publix used to give for free but that stopped in June. I’m hoping it is still free with my part D plan.

I finally finished sorting my puzzle and will start on the edge today.

Have a good day.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Morning all

I seem to be on a go to sleep by ten and get up between five and six schedule. Which is working fine for me most of the time, expect that it is so far off from my twenty lifestyle of going to bed after midnight and getting up when I felt like it that I have to laugh.

Maggie, I always like to do something for my birthday in Sept. Will go out to a new restaurant with the kids (its in a house and only seats twenty so I was lucky to get a reservation) but also would not mind a small trip. Maybe to San Antonio?

I also want to start taking day drives once a week starting this week. Even if they are just 30 minute away jounts.

Today I have a couple errands to do. Hair cut, library and so on. This afternoon I will sign my lease for the new year and then maybe around four I will hit the pool-for the first time in almost a week.

I also have sewing and knitting on m plate as always, depending onmy reading.

Dinner will tentatively be the sloppy joes I did not make yesterday because I grapped Panera instead.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, everyone. Maggie, I can hardly believe your oldest DGS is now eight. Time flies! Good for you for taking time off for your birthday. I took "my day" off in July and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Still have a houseful of sick dogs. The vet said if they were still sick on Friday to bring them in. *sighs* I think they are improving a bit but no one is even close to back to normal with their digestion or eating. I wrote out a list of baby foods for DH to buy this morning to make sick puppy soup for them. It's packed with nutrients and easy on their innards.

I am hoping today is not a physically strenuous as yesterday at work, although I have both knee braces now and am trying them out real world today. I lost count of how many flights of stairs I climbed yesterday and was so tired I fell asleep on the sofa for a while after supper.

Hope you all have a good day.
Mackie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
I went to bed an hour earlier than usual, just so tired. Slept okay but can tell there is something in the air that I am allergic too and am a little stuffy again today.
It is a beautiful cool morning, very unusual for August but I will take it!
I am going to cut and clean out the spent surprise lillies today, it doesn't leave much color in the flower beds but they are rusty looking and need to go. I will also use the leaf blower on the brick patio, it's nut falling season and the squirrels are cutting hickory nuts on everywhere.
Not a lot on my to-do list, so might spend some time in the garage. It isn't too bad but needs some help.
off to drink more coffee and then ???
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

JCKitty, coffee makes everything better. :)
Mackie