Daily Check in Aug 16, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in Aug 16, 2022

Post by alliesmama4 »

GMPG54 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:21 pm Any tuxies in the bunch?My Bella has been a chatterbox since day one,I like to say she has an opinion about everything.She is 10.
Bella sounds adorable.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:23 pm Clem, is the COD on Medicare or just VA? I don’t know how that works with veterans. For people on Medicare I believe you can request additional free tests from the pharmacist. I haven’t done it myself but I know additional free tests are available for people on Medicare.

I would call wherever the COD gets his Rx and ask them.
He has Blue Cross Blue Shied, VA and Medicare. I will tell him to see if he can get more tests.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Penny, if you get bored, I have about a dozen cloth trick or treat bags and dog bandanas here to sew, lol.

Only errands I got done were walmart and my hair cut. came home and did some things and then I also went and signed my lease today (the day is not till October first but now it is out of the way).

I have been feeling very tired lately, even though I feel like I am getting some sleep. (no apnea that I am aware of). I have increased my vitamins and will add vitamin d this week as well as my protein. But I am allowing my energy to go down a bit. no more all day errand days or whatever. One thing a day is all I can handle!

Im also going to be starting a prescription pain killer here shortly. Not an opoid but also not tylenol arthritis (I take daily aspirin 650 so ubuprofin is nto allowed).

Since I had to go out to sign the lease, I picked up a roasted chicken and egg style potato salad which I will have with a salad or frozen spinach and fruit. Nothing but zapping and maybe cutting this evening.

Right now I am cutting out many projects. after dinner I will try and get some knitting done.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

GMPG54 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:21 pm Any tuxies in the bunch?My Bella has been a chatterbox since day one,I like to say she has an opinion about everything.She is 10.
Mine is an orange/ginger boy. Very healthy vocal chords, lol.
Patty
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Yet another update. Both DGSs had good first days at school. DGS5 was excited to buy his lunch in the cafeteria. But DS1 had part of his foot wrap come apart. He got an appointment with the podiatrist at 9:00 AM. It sounds like DDIL was in a bit of a tizzy trying to arrange things. Get the boys on the bus while driving DS. So I volunteered to go drive him. I have plenty of time to take off.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I was SO TIRED last night, I went to bed at 8:30 and didn't get up until after 9 am today. I've been drinking espresso to try and stay awake! I have just a few things I want to do tonight after supper.

Yesterday, when I woke up, the water pressure in the apartment was low. I thought that maybe the landlord was able to control it and this might be a way they were trying to conserve water. I then went on Facebook and the "People of Brandon" Facebook page had people from all over the west end of the city checking in about if they had water or very bad pressure. The City then posted on the page that there had been a major water break at the water treatment center of the main line going to the West end of Brandon, all the way from 18th Street to the far west end to the city limits. We are under the largest boil water order the city has ever had to issue. I wish I had some moolah to just go by a couple of jugs of water but alas! So, the plan for tonight is to fill up my big stock pot and boil the water and leave it cool overnight. I had enough water in the fridge, ice machine, espresso and a jug of peach Iced tea that I didn't need it today. I will tomorrow though. It sure goes to make me think about all the folks on the reservations that have been under boil water advisories for DECADES. This? This is nothing! I called the city at noon today because I didn't see if the advisory was still on on the city website or facebook page. I was told that the boil water advisory is on until tomorrow or Thursday depending on the water tests the health department does. I hope we have a pass test from the health department tomorrow!

I was going to call my cardiologist's office today and see if I needed to make an appointment. I lost track of time and missed doing so. I've got it on my list for tomorrow. My CPTSD shrink commented about my breathing and how it hasn't improved so I'll have to check into it for certain. I'm also thinking of in the next while going to the walk-in clinic To see about pain control other than Tylenol from the drugstore.

My sister-in-law came to visit yesterday. I hadn't seen her since she had her first mastectomy. The second one found nothing wrong and was mostly pre-emptive as she apparently had the cancer gene for Breast Cancer. We had a lovely visit before she was off to a doctor's appointment. It had been too long since we had a visit and seen each other in person!

Tonight's supper is walley made in bacon grease with dill. I'll have rye bread with it too. For lunch it was the usual hot dogs. I didn't have breakfast since I got up so late.I want to make some confetti bars tonight. That will take all of 15-20 minutes. I want to have them ready for a bed time snack! I'll also be boiling a big stock pot of water that I'll let cool overnight. I'll take some out to start some iced tea. I make EXTREMELY weak ice tea, anything too strong and I can't drink it. I've gotten it worked out this summer. I didn't get laundry in yesterday and I don't think it is going to happen today either. I'll aim for tomorrow.

Mackie,
I don't know how you do those walking up floors with your knees! I'd be in extreme pain (not that you aren't) and probably wouldn't be able to even walk by the end of the day! Zoikes! They are making you do stuff that seems outside of your job description by a long shot!! Sorry to hear your pups aren't feeling good! Pumpkin is good for digestive issues that kind of make a mess from their bottoms.

Patty,
So glad to hear my boy HObbes is doing better with his Thyroid medications!! Purr away Hobbes!!

Well, that's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.