Daily check in August 17

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily check in August 17

Post by Quilter51 »

Please please please wear sunscreen from dawn to dusck in Colorado including on your face. Enough said.

Not left the house and still in a lounger. decided to completely rearrange my studio, so I will not make the pool today at four. I'll go tomorrow afternoon if I do silver sneakers and in the morning if I do not. I have walked around the house 20 minutes and will walk to my mail box later when it is cooler. I may do some weights today as well

I really want to be sewing today but I have some new supplies coming and I wanted to cut out as many small bazaar type things today as I could. So I was side tracked. I have not even vacuumed, just rotated twoloads of clothing and picked up. sewing will be tomorrow, knitting tonight.

If anyone has Hulu live tv or youtube tv (the 60 bucks options) please let me know what you think. I need to add one or the other to my firestick and keep it until January for football and the world cup.

Decided even if it ups my budget that I am going to order a bunch of individual snacks like the sargento balenced breaks, philadephia dip and bagel chips and also some sugar free jello and pudding and sugar free whipped cream along with some slightly higher calorie sugar options like the asic lunchables. If I buy all the stuff to make them they go bad or I forget, so this way I will be having my very needed snacks with fruit or v8 once or twice daily.

Time to get back to the organizational grind.
ownedbydogs

Re: Daily check in August 17

Post by ownedbydogs »

elsi wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:19 pm Oh my! So many funerals. Keeping everyone in mind.

Yeah. Being a snow bird sounds appealing until I think about being at a house in the North and wanting something that's in the house in the South -- or vice versa.

Sounds like so much fun. Hubby and I are masters of road trips. He likes to drive and I enjoy reading or crochet/embroidery in the passenger seat. I'm trying to plan a trip to visit my sister in Virginia -- sometime after Labor Day.

Yummy. I rarely get oatmeal in a restaurant because it typically is sweet or served with fruit. I like savory oatmeal -- my favorite is oatmeal with spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes w/ some cheese. Basically, anything you'd put into an omelet is what I'd put in my oatmeal.

Making some progress of the list of chores I set out on the 12th. It's almost a week later and I still have quite a few items which haven't been done.
  • Laundry -- at least 2 loads
  • Blanching and packaging purple hull peas for freezer
  • Making salsa from ground cherries
  • Shredding carrots for salads
  • Grocery shopping
  • Shopping for new "work" clothes
  • Shopping for a new suitcase
I'm going to make the salsa in a short while. Probably going to put off shredding the carrots until I get home from Columbus. (Will be leaving on Saturday afternoon and returning on Friday night -- attending a conference.) I'm planning on shopping tomorrow. The suitcase is a *MUST*, and I think I can make do with the work clothes that I have for the week in Columbus.

Today I'm busy moving all the food from the old refrigerator to the new one that was delivered yesterday. (Did I mention that I bought a new refrigerator?) Overall it's larger than the previous one, but I think the majority of the extra space is in the freezer. Since I have two freezers (one chest freezer & one upright) in the garage, I'm wondering if I should have looked at "pure" refrigerators which don't have a freezer compartment at all. Too late now.

Getting the new fridge has been good -- I found a few things that had gotten lost in the fridge that I wound up tossing. I'm probably going to be rearranging stuff in the fridge for quite a while. I'm finding it a real challenge to decide what belongs where since Its layout is quite different. I think fridge bins may be a good idea, too.

The one other big thing I'm doing today is starting a crock of sauerkraut. I'm hoping that it doesn't spoil in the week I'll be gone.
I have a fridge that the top part can be used as freezer or fridge . I keep the top part as frig most of the time. I have another fridge with freezer and a small chest freezer.