Daily check in August 17

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily check in August 17

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Had several errands yesterday morning and then after lunch I sat down to read and before I knew it, 4 hours had passed.

Morning routine has been completed except for glancing through the newspaper. Wednesday used to be my review of the weekly food ads but the last month, they've either come out on Thursday or Friday or as in the case of last week, not at all. I really miss it. It's a shame. We're paying top dollar for subscriptions and we're getting less, but then I don't know why I'm surprised.

Today will be a whatever kind of day. Although I haven't yet checked my menu for today, I believe it's pancakes.

Oh well, going for now. Have a great day.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Thanks owned. He is older and has had some lifelong health problems related to back injuries and other things that happened before he was rescued. I hope he doesn't have dementia. He is the love of their lives. and his aging in general is hitting them hard.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Did not sleep well at all last night. Having to get to go to the bathroom and just tossing and turning.

Wanted to stay in bed and rest but will go to the wednesday breakfast group. Will be the first time since sibling passed. So I thought I better get up and go.

I am dressed and will take off in a few minutes.

Hope all have a great day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:46 am
FloridaCat, I feel that Peacock is actually a pretty good deal. We let Netflix go and kept that. The high-priced cranberry juice is the Ocean Spray 50 calorie version, which DH drinks because he's treated for T2 diabetes.

Hope you all have a great day and stay cool.
The Publix lite that I buy only has 40 calories. It does have sugar. In addition to the “regular” high calorie cranberry juice they also have one with artificial sweeteners for zero calories or maybe 10. I’m trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners. These are all Publix brand. If you go to Publix for something else, take a look.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I will look for Publix Lite next time I'm there. It's fairly close to work and I sometimes hop over there to pick up items I can't get at the other stores near my house. Thank you!
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

So I took a few hours to take DS1 to the Podiatrist. He has padding and an ace bandage on his broken foot. (Hairline fracture happened in December, found recently via MRI, got an injection of a mix of his cells and a healing compound. He is non-weight-bearing for 3 weeks). the Ace bandage came loose. Of course DDIL needed to visit a customer and get the DGSs off. I have the time and the lack of items on my schedule that I volunteered to take him. They re-wrapped him and put a self-adhering bandage on top of the ACE.

Yesterday I got my PTO for the week of my birthday approved. I want to go somewhere, even if for just a few days. I also want to drive. Flying seems like a nightmare right now. Currently top of my list is Cleveland. Never visited the city. Was in the area for a wrestling tournament, but only saw the inside of a gym.

So that is all I have.

Have a great day,
Maggie