Daily Check in Aug 18, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily Check in Aug 18, 2022

Post by gaylejackson2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:22 am Hello friends.

I’m at mom’s house. But I woke up late and just got here. I just heard thunder and looked at the radar and it is only a small storm a mile or two north. So hopefully I’ll be able to get out in the yard in a few minutes.

I’m hoping to trim in the front. I want to get that in good shape so if I can’t get over here after my surgery it will still look good.

I signed up for Peacock and watched the replay of stage 2 of the Tour de France last night. Stage 2 was in Roskilde, Denmark and the town was all decorated and yarn bombed for the Tour when I was there to see the Cathedral and Viking Museum. Stage 1 was in Copenhagen and I might watch that replay but they had lousy, rainy weather. Tonight I’ll watch the gymnastics.

OK I don’t hear thunder and will check the radar and hopefully go outside.

Have a good day.
Hello FCL,

We like Peacock as it offers a lot of movies, and TV series that have disappeared off other paying media (Netflix, HUlu, etc.). I didn't know that TdFrance is on there, maybe I'll check it out next week after my kids are back in school, i.e. few distractions.:D
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

casadekitty wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:35 pm Hello all,
I have been up and doing stuff but have been feeling so anxious today. I don't know why but trying to get over it. Maybe the combo of sinus issues and poor sleep???
They cut the hayfield close to me yesterday and while it usually bothers me a little bit this time it seems worse. Maybe the dust? Whatever it is, just keeping me in the house which I don't really like but what can I do? Taking sinus med and hoping for the best.
Part of my anxiety might be over the Liz Cheney defeat; I wonder how this will affect the Jan. 6th hearings.
I wish I better understood how it all works.
I have been to the Goodwill dropped a truck load of donations and then to the feed store. Chicken feed has gone up again, at least $3 per bag. I also had to get mouse cookies because I will be needing them when it is time to put the camper to bed for the year.
Made spaghetti last night and the container of sauce from the freezer was too big :roll: so either I refreeze it or find a way to use it up. Cooking for one is so hard for me and I really need to make some adjustments.

I have a load of laundry on the lines and picked up some reading material from DD's last evening so hope to get into it this afternoon.
Off to do something,
JCKitty
Kitty, Liz Cheney will remain in office until the end of 2022 so will continue on the 1/6 Committee when Congress returns after Labor Day. If the GOP takes control of the House (as expected) after the Nov. election, they will likely disband the 1/6 Committee so even if Cheney had won it wouldn’t matter.

I really fear for democracy. It is shocking to me how Trump has completely taken over the GOP. Anti-FBI and pro-Russia - my grandfather and father would be appalled.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

casadekitty wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:35 pm Hello all,
I have been up and doing stuff but have been feeling so anxious today. I don't know why but trying to get over it. Maybe the combo of sinus issues and poor sleep???
They cut the hayfield close to me yesterday and while it usually bothers me a little bit this time it seems worse. Maybe the dust? Whatever it is, just keeping me in the house which I don't really like but what can I do? Taking sinus med and hoping for the best.
Part of my anxiety might be over the Liz Cheney defeat; I wonder how this will affect the Jan. 6th hearings.
I wish I better understood how it all works.
I have been to the Goodwill dropped a truck load of donations and then to the feed store. Chicken feed has gone up again, at least $3 per bag. I also had to get mouse cookies because I will be needing them when it is time to put the camper to bed for the year.
Made spaghetti last night and the container of sauce from the freezer was too big :roll: so either I refreeze it or find a way to use it up. Cooking for one is so hard for me and I really need to make some adjustments.

I have a load of laundry on the lines and picked up some reading material from DD's last evening so hope to get into it this afternoon.
Off to do something,
JCKitty
What are mouse cookies? We use traps and D-con for mice here.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:41 pm Kitty, Liz Cheney will remain in office until the end of 2022 so will continue on the 1/6 Committee when Congress returns after Labor Day. If the GOP takes control of the House (as expected) after the Nov. election, they will likely disband the 1/6 Committee so even if Cheney had won it wouldn’t matter.

I really fear for democracy. It is shocking to me how Trump has completely taken over the GOP. Anti-FBI and pro-Russia - my grandfather and father would be appalled.
I got a text message yesterday from a Trump reelection-support group babbling something about how the FBI is bad; I have college friends who work for the FBI, so reading that message really irritated me. I fired back a message with the gist being to leave me alone. I fully admit that I voted to Trump on the first time around, but the stuff that I'm hearing from his corner now definitely Does NOT inspire me to do a repeat of that vote. I just fear that, with all of the turmoil in our world lately, there won't be anyone worth voting for in the next Presidential election.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I got a lot done at mom’s house. I was able to trim both ixora mostly while it was still overcast. Then I trimmed the schefflera but I’d like to do more.

Now I’m home from Publix where I bought a big order. If I need anything else before my surgery it will be Walmart pickup. Apart from my doctor visit on Monday and signing my Will on Tuesday, I’m not planning to have contact with anyone until I go for my Covid test.

My friend sent me a fun word search book of international locations. She has one herself and thought of me. It really looks like fun.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Gayle, it seems like yesterday that your second oldest son was 15. Wow, time goes so fast! Your children are all growing up.
Mackie