Daily Check in Aug 18, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check in Aug 18, 2022

Post by Quilter51 »

mornign all. It was a low of 72 here last night. I am going to go walk to the mailbox with my walker in a bit today, the high is supposed to be a little less than 90!!

I have done most of my morning routine. Prayer time, computer checkins and perusing, breakfast and so on. I put my trash out. I need to clean out my fridge but that may be for Monday since I missed today.

I absolutely must vaccum today, and I have a grocery pickup and library pickup at noon. Othe than that an exercising I think the day is mine, lol.

Dinner is tentatively sloppy joes
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Well I was a complete frugal fail today - this week.

My sink has either four or five fridge saver dishes and a small casserole to be washed as well as the slow cooker that I was just eating out of from the fridge. Sigh. Must do better, even if I buy more small sizes and individual things. and freeze faster. Sheesh.

In other news, today I received notice that my student loan payment will restart. Joy of joys.

While I'm here, does anyone else Cynbalta for neuropathy or arthirtis. My doctor says this works better than gabba and requires minimal weaning if I am not happy.

time to do a little future planning and perhaps some surveys. Walmart had only one substitution, one kind of colgate for another so I'm not complaing and can menu plan.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
I have been up and doing stuff but have been feeling so anxious today. I don't know why but trying to get over it. Maybe the combo of sinus issues and poor sleep???
They cut the hayfield close to me yesterday and while it usually bothers me a little bit this time it seems worse. Maybe the dust? Whatever it is, just keeping me in the house which I don't really like but what can I do? Taking sinus med and hoping for the best.
Part of my anxiety might be over the Liz Cheney defeat; I wonder how this will affect the Jan. 6th hearings.
I wish I better understood how it all works.
I have been to the Goodwill dropped a truck load of donations and then to the feed store. Chicken feed has gone up again, at least $3 per bag. I also had to get mouse cookies because I will be needing them when it is time to put the camper to bed for the year.
Made spaghetti last night and the container of sauce from the freezer was too big :roll: so either I refreeze it or find a way to use it up. Cooking for one is so hard for me and I really need to make some adjustments.

I have a load of laundry on the lines and picked up some reading material from DD's last evening so hope to get into it this afternoon.
Off to do something,
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Quilter, my DH has idiopathic peripheral neuropathy in his feet and hands. He has had it for years. Lyrica works best for him. He had a trial of Cymbalta and it did not work well, plus it made him a bit queasy. However, these things are entirely particular to the patient, as everyone has a different response to things.

Heavens, it is already past 12! Work has been jumping today. It's been the Morning of the Mad Mamas, as we've had three (feels like 30 due to their tendencies to lie and exaggerate). The student workers have been awesome about keeping their cool and defusing situations. They are mature beyond their years.

Last night after I came home from work, DH and I had to give the back half of all three dogs another bath. They've had a bath every day since Sunday. Only one of them was sick overnight, so things are improving.

On the plus side, I have lost enough weight to buy slacks in a smaller size, a pair of which arrived yesterday, so I did laundry last night and washed them. Will have to turn up the hems tonight, though.

Hope you all have a great day.
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Thanks Mackie. This woukd beequally fir degenerative disease pain and neuropathy and Lyrica wasn't in the things he offered. I'll explore more.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

good Morning friends,

I think it has been about 3 months since I was last online, WOW! I have thought of you all often, and I hope that you've had an uneventful summer thus far. My summer has been crazy busy, and exhausting as well. I;ll try to do a brief catch-up here. I apologize in advance for my uncorrected typos as I'm quite tired today, due to staying up 3-4 hours past bedtime while waiting for ds18 to return home from a night out with his girlfriend.

Yesterday my 2nd son (C) turned 18!! :o I still feel in shock at that occurrence! Dh & I were discussing ds18's birthday on the night before--he said that people have told him that once the oldest child leaves, then it gets easier to let the other children leave home. Then he said that it feels harder this time around; I fully agree with that thought. However ds18 still has his senior year of high school left, and I find myself fully grateful for that.
I cooked what I thought was a delicious dinner for him, culminating with a yummy homemade GF chocolate cake! ;) :) (Beef tenderloin & sirloin steaks seared then baked, oh so yummy, with a delicious pan sauce from meat drippings, rice & steamed veggies.)

Today is my dear StepMom's birthday. I have texted her to let her know that I love her and am thinking of her today.

I have spent much of the past 2 mornings, and again this morning, at my computer working on doing the annual online school district trainings. For me, this is so that I can continue as a Substitute Teacher for this school year.
I did have the chance to apply to become an aide at my daughter's Elementary, but a) I didn't feel fully strong enough to commit to 4-5 days per week of work, b) I still REALLY wanted to Substitute at the Middle and High schools, and c) I chickened out. :D

I'm currently knitting on at soft cabled hat for my friend who's going through brain cancer treatments. When I finish this one, then I plan to knit 1-2 soft 'chemo caps' for a High School friend who is battling Vulvular and Perineanal Cancer (metastasized from the Ovarian Cancer she fought 8-10 years ago). Another friend has a friend who si battling Triple Negative Breast Cancer which is the same type of BC that I had; I have thought of making a hat for her as well, but thus far have felt shy about doing so-maybe I'' gain some confidence later.

My children start school next Wednesday August 24th, which is also my sister's birthday and I have not yet figured out a small gift for her yet. I commisioned a tatted bookmark for our other sister's birthday. If I was faster at knitting, I'd crank out a hat for her too. lol

I dislocated my left shoulder on August 1st; I was able to see my Dr that same morning and he recommended physical therapy. I'm in my second week of the same, and while its painful I am seeing improvement. I also have at-hme exercises that I do (and must complete those this morning). I talked to my insurance company rep., and she said that I'm allowed 30 visits per year; well that'll take me through the end of the year. :D

In June, we went Dbil's Memorial in Oregon, and had a family reunion there also. At the end of the month, I hosted my siblings and their families (the few that actually showed up) up here for a family reunion; while I was highly stressed about that and did crack up once, I think that I did very well for having been given just 3 months to cobble that thing together. I also gave blood (Power Reds, yeah!) a couple of days before my reunion, and that might have added to my exhaustion for my reunion.

In July, I had 3 Dr appointments at my Cancer hospital and the adjoining University hospital--while at the first 2 appts, I discovered a covered walkway that connects those 2 hospitals plus 2-3 others. After the 3rd appt, a week after the first 2, I spent a few days with my StepMom whom I've not seen for over 2 years.
The rest of July seemed to gallop along in a mad rush, although I did manage to get some extra sleep in. OY!! I have felt sooooo exhausted this summer!!
I reapplied for a lower Student Loan payment in mid-July, and found out last week, that not only did they NOT LOWER my payment, but instead INCREASED my payment for nearly $30!!!! :evil: ARGH!!! I need to call them to see if I can reapply Again to get it lowered!!

Also in July I also participated in a "Tour de Fleece" Fb group where we worked on projects and spun fiber into yarn. My goals for TdF was to spin for 20 hours, and *hopefully* finish knitting my purple/silver shawl (which I think I posted a picture of on my Fb page), with my daily goals of knitting for 30 minutes and spinning 30 minutes. LOL, I spun A LOT while at my StepMom's house (5-7 hours), then at Fiber group that same week on Saturday, I spun another 2 hours, with about 4 more that evening. :lol: After that week, it was really not so hard to finish my hourly goal. I have to admit that even with retreat last weekend, I have spun very little since July.

The day after I dislocated my shoulder, Tuesday August 2nd, my family left to spend a week camping in the mountains at a beautiful quiet little lake. We stayed there for 5 days, wonderfully calming mellow glorious days, and reluctantly returned home for work & normal life. The following week, last week, I went to 2 physical therapy appointments, then went to the annual Summer Retreat for my local Fiber Guild. That was mostly fun, except that here again I was in charge of the thing and it was a source of great stress for me.. HOWEVER, it was at a secluded mountain ranch, and the main stresses came from whiny guild members who pestered me to do things that they were far more capable of doing than I who was limited to the use of one arm. ARGH!!! :roll: :cry: However, I'm trying very hard to get past all of that and forgive such folks.
This week, I've been working on the online school district training, doing my physical therapy, knitting some on hat, grocery shopping (thank goodness for those electric carts), and calculating finances to get
shoes for all children (and hopefully Mom too).

Today, I'll take the 3 younger children to buy shoes, and hopefully take ds14 to the high school so that he can wander around to find his classes; the high school rearranged A LOT of teachers' classrooms this year in an effort to keep all departments together (math, science, history, arts, computers, business, etc.), so even I am confused.

I'm thinking about leftovers for dinner tonight, assuming that we have enough. I'm Really, REALLY tired and could use a night of low-stress meal making.

I have been reading a fair amount this summer too, and am currently working my way through a series called 'the Saint Squad.' I have also been listening to fiction-based on truth audio-books about WW2; with those finished, I've moved backwards in history to WW1 audio-books.

Well, it is lunch-time, and my leftovers from last night await me. May you all have a great day. LOL, I've used up nearly all of my forum time by typing up this novella, but I'm going to read today's posts at least.

Today I'm grateful for sunshine and rain, which we've had some of each week for teh last several weeks. electricity is wonderful too, except for the gosh-awful power bill pending from July. :(
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.