Daily Check in Aug 18, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in Aug 18, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:43 pm Quilter, my DH has idiopathic peripheral neuropathy in his feet and hands. He has had it for years. Lyrica works best for him. He had a trial of Cymbalta and it did not work well, plus it made him a bit queasy. However, these things are entirely particular to the patient, as everyone has a different response to things.

Heavens, it is already past 12! Work has been jumping today. It's been the Morning of the Mad Mamas, as we've had three (feels like 30 due to their tendencies to lie and exaggerate). The student workers have been awesome about keeping their cool and defusing situations. They are mature beyond their years.

Last night after I came home from work, DH and I had to give the back half of all three dogs another bath. They've had a bath every day since Sunday. Only one of them was sick overnight, so things are improving.

On the plus side, I have lost enough weight to buy slacks in a smaller size, a pair of which arrived yesterday, so I did laundry last night and washed them. Will have to turn up the hems tonight, though.

Hope you all have a great day.
Mackie, I want to give you an update on the Publix lite cranberry juice. It may not be the good deal that I thought at $2.87. It is “cranberry juice cocktail” and only contains 27% juice! OK for me but maybe not what your DH wants. I looked more carefully at it tonight after looking at the Aldi ad which has “Cranberry 100% Juice” for $3.75.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Whew, I am home for the evening at last. We were besieged with what I came to privately think of as "mean awful mothers," who are not doing their children any favors by behaving so badly in our office.

Tomorrow should be better, as we have only a half day of students moving in.

DH and I went out after work for Mexican food and a large margarita (totally worth it) and stopped at the supermarket for more baby food for the dogs. The two older dogs are much better and have good appetites, but little Goldie still has a very upset stomach and needed her rear end bathed when we came home. Poor little bean.

LWolfT, bursitis is so hard to heal up. I thought my knee would never get better from it 12 years ago.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:00 pm Whew, I am home for the evening at last. We were besieged with what I came to privately think of as "mean awful mothers," who are not doing their children any favors by behaving so badly in our office.

DH and I went out after work for Mexican food and a large margarita (totally worth it) and stopped at the supermarket for more baby food for the dogs. The two older dogs are much better and have good appetites, but little Goldie still has a very upset stomach and needed her rear end bathed when we came home. Poor little bean.

LWolfT, bursitis is so hard to heal up. I thought my knee would never get better from it 12 years ago.
darn back in the day, our parents just dropped us off. They were just glad that we were going to college.

That large margarita sounds so yummy - :mrgreen:
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by MackerelCat » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:00 pm

Whew, I am home for the evening at last. We were besieged with what I came to privately think of as "mean awful mothers," who are not doing their children any favors by behaving so badly in our office.

Mackie
I think parents have forgoten that the job of a parent is to work themselves out of a job. That of course doesn't apply to young adults with special needs.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by clemencia2us » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:34 pm

...darn back in the day, our parents just dropped us off. They were just glad that we were going to college.

:
My mom and grandmother dropped me off at the airport.

When my daughter went to what was then Southwest Texas State University we helped her carry her things into the dorm. But that is as far as it went. She had far more to carry in than I had.

Penny
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:
Thanks FloridaCat for the explanation. It is exactly what I am fearing, I am worried that if they disband the committee before the findings and possible indictment that everything we hold dear will be lost. I can't believe that one "semi-man" will have destroyed the country and gotten away with it.
Just got back from DD's, picked cucumbers and they are not producing well at all. Pickles may not get made this year unless I have some offered to me.
I got house chores done today and a few extra bits completed, Tomorrow I will keep the baby, she is getting molars and needs some grammy time.
Gayle nice to see you and I agree, it's hard to believe your kids are those ages. Time flies.
JCKitty