Every time I come to this site...

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ownedbydogs

Re: Every time I come to this site...

Post by ownedbydogs »

itspennyc wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:47 am On my MacBook Air I frequently have the site freeze. So that it makes it difficult to scroll down, plus I can’t post.

Penny
Weather I can post or not is a mystery every day. The reason I never bother with a long post.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I always paste my post in the box, so even though it might disappear I haven’t lost it.

Penny
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

Well, I got on this time, and nothing popped up except that this site accepts cookies. I tried not to go on after it was popping up those things, thinking I might get some virus or something. I am well protected (at least I think I am!?) by security. Wonder how those "bad" things work and track you or is it just randomly popping up?
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

frugalmom wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:44 pm Well, I got on this time, and nothing popped up except that this site accepts cookies. I tried not to go on after it was popping up those things, thinking I might get some virus or something. I am well protected (at least I think I am!?) by security. Wonder how those "bad" things work and track you or is it just randomly popping up?
I actually think that sometimes it isn't the site you are going on that has the virus, but that if you would click on one of the popups that is how you would get a trojan, worm or virus on your system.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:34 am I actually think that sometimes it isn't the site you are going on that has the virus, but that if you would click on one of the popups that is how you would get a trojan, worm or virus on your system.
I didn't click on any pop-ups? The message came as soon as I got into the site signing in, so I don't know!? I hope I didn't get infected with anything! My security pops up and tells me everything is clear after scanning,so hopefully, it is all good!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

frugalmom wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:08 am I didn't click on any pop-ups? The message came as soon as I got into the site signing in, so I don't know!? I hope I didn't get infected with anything! My security pops up and tells me everything is clear after scanning,so hopefully, it is all good!
No EM what I am saying is that you are fine, there is nothing wrong with the site, and that sometimes scammers manage to get pop ups put on sites saying they are infected.

They want you to click on their "cleaner" or anti-virus to get rid of the threat (which really is not there). Thus, enabling them to either sell a product or infect your computer.

As long as you do not get a message from your own anti-virus program you are safe.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/