Daily Check-In, Sept. 18, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check-In, Sept. 18, 2022

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:41 am Good morning all

I was sort of sleeping and thinking that I would lounge in bed a bit longer, when I heard a boom from the COD's room. Ever since his heart attack, I keep thinking he is going to have a relapse. I rushed in there and he said he thinks it was his "therapy" dog that fell off the bed. He is a big dog. Big pup was ready to go outside.

So I just stayed up - it was about 7:30.

I've had my coffee. I think I will also work on October bill spreadsheet!

Everyone have a great day!
Clem,

Holy Smoly!! That would be so scary and make your heart race along with running in to see COD was okay. Whew! I am glad he is okay. I hope his therapy doggo is okay too.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, (((hugs))) may your thoughts be of the love tomorrow.

I slept outrageously late and got up to an unwell household. The little dogs have upset tummies again, the oldest dog is very much feeling her age, DH has overdone it trying to landscape part of our back yard, and DS has a bad summer cold.

In just a bit, I need to finish my coffee and put on some yard clothes so I can help DH.

Yesterday evening I made a dozen and a half apple bran muffins to use up some aging apples and put new elastic in the waist of a pair of my pajamas. The pajamas are more than 12 years old and holding up great, but the elastic had worn out.

Supper tonight will be a meatloaf with green beans and baked potatoes. Yesterday I scavenged through the freezer and fridge before going grocery shopping and made up my work lunches from bits and bobs. That helped keep the grocery cost down to $100 for food, which included stocking up on more canned beans.

Next week for my lunches I will make myself some black bean chicken chili with spinach and sweet potatoes. It's easy and filling.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Last night's birthday cookout went very well. I am currently eating a big salad topped with an extra chicken breast Mom marinated in case someone preferred it to Burgers and dogs. DGS5 has a baseball game in a little more than an hour.

I am not sure what the afternoon will bring. Maybe work on my quilt squares.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I've been SO tired since I got back from babysitting my beautiful little furry friend, Charlee. I really take my job seriously and I think, while I don't feel anxiety while there, it does take it out of me. I worry like they are my own "kids" and that nothing happens to their health or running away. I've seen on my People of Brandon page many times people freaking out because their sitter lost their dog or cat because they got out the door. I'm so careful not to have any of that happen. Whew! I think I may be caught up today.

My friend, Spring, the one who refused to sign-up for provincial disability, got a 30 hour a week job at the Mood Disorders Association. I am so glad for her! I had talked with my CPTSD shrink about how I just couldn't help her financially (small amounts for gas or buying cat food) as she was not doing anything to try and work her way out of the problem. She got this job because she attends meetings there a couple of times a week and they asked if she was available to work. I am so glad for her. I will still help her out by taking her bread and such that they have at the food bank when I go for lunch downtown.

My friend, Sherry, is looking to downsize the number of fancy guppies in her fish tank. Well, guess who is going to be a guppy Mom? ME! :mrgreen: She didn't want to cull them and so she found me an Aquarium that I can place next to my chair to watch my new family. I picked it up and they put it in the car but I have to see if one of my guy neighbors can bring it in the house for me. I say guy neighbors because that's all I have on my floor. I am terrified if I try to bring it in with my right leg, I will have it give out and break the tank. That is a fear of mine. I'll see if Mike or Ron can bring it in for me today.

I have my little Opal's cage to clean out today. She is doing quite well at almost two years old. I don't know how long I will have her as her life expectancy isn't much longer than 3 years. She is such a lovely little girl! I'm enjoying having her.

There will be no money spent today, if I can help it! If I get the tank in the house today and water in it, I'll need to find an aquarium heater as guppies need warm water. Who knows, I may add a few different fish as well. I think having an algae eater is one that I'll need to get. Sherry has one and keeps her tank clean and I've never heard her talking about cleaning her tank anyhoo.

I have the dishwasher to unload and load. And some pots and pans to wash up. Along with Opal's used bedding I have other household trash bins to gather and maybe take out once I get the bag filled. I feel like doing some baking or cooking today, just not certain what I bake or cook!

I did go to the grocery store yesterday and got $40 worth of groceries. I had $40 in my wallet and the total game to $39 46. Just skimmed by! I got pretty much everything I wanted. A friend dropped off some veggies from a community garden so I do have corn on the cob and new potatoes. I think tonight it will be corn on the cob for supper. Lunch will be hot dogs. I got them on sale as were the buns.

I am just about to finish a peppermint iced coffe. So good! Then off to see what other trouble I can get into!

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have some nerve pain from my neck in both shoulders and arms this morning. By the time I had breakfast most of the pain was gone.

I spoke with Amber this morning;.

I tried to do some sewing on bibs. But I wasn’t able to do it. i will try again later.

I ripped out most of the sewing I did this morning.

Now to try again.

Penny
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good afternoon. Penny, I hope your pain stays at bay.

I got my closet cleaned and organized and the bills paid. I have been doing a lot of laundry - sheets, blankets, towels, a few fall/winter clothing items that needed washing after being stored away.

I need to vacuum - no surprise there. I'm thinking a bowl of popcorn and an movie after I get that done.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz