Daily Check In September 20, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In September 20, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

I am off to get coffee, definitely need that second cup. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In September 20, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Up early and enjoying the quiet. I will try and keep busy again today so as to not dwell on what could have been. It usually takes me some time to get over this feeling when it strikes. It doesn't happen very often but when it does oh boy.

I did get most, if not all the household tasks completed yesterday. However, because of the rain (off and on most of the morning) I had to hang the clothes on the lines downstairs, this means I will be folding those this morning. I also did not get any herbs picked and dehydrated for the same reason. I will do that today as well (probably oregano and sage).

It is also my bi-weekly shopping trip, and I will stop at the church to drop off the shawls I made this past little while. Hopefully in and out of both the store and the church quickly.

Household tasks for today are ironing, mending, cleaning the desktop (and the garbage bin), sweeping the floor, and probably another picking of the garden. I am pretty sure there are some more tomatoes that need picking, and I am also pretty sure that now Hubby has finished with his project for a bit (needs to order some crushed rock/gravel) he will be digging up the potatoes and picking those pumpkins that are starting to change colour. Right now, we have 8 of those sitting on the deck railing. Bound to be at least 8 more before too long.

This afternoon or later this morning I will watch the next video in the Bible study. I am having a difficult time listening to the leader's voice on the video. Something about it just rubs me the wrong way.

I finished the decorations for the DS's Christmas gift yesterday, and so today I also hope to do a bit of sewing (the machine will be out for mending anyway).
Really falling behind on getting those projects either finished or started lately.

Supper tonight is going to be soup and sandwiches. I will more than likely pull out one of the containers of frozen soup and make some egg salad sandwiches to go with.

Today I am grateful for the smell of freshly brewed coffee, or bread baking in the oven.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I am listening to an internal session on utilizing Social Media while updating today. I could stand to be a bit more savvy. I am struggling to focus because of the French accent.

I have a pot of black bean soup on the stove. Mom texted. They will head to the Airport, spend the night and fly out to see my brother early tomorrow morning. She said there are some fresh vegetables on the counter and probably some tomatoes and bell peppers to pick this week. I know I will go over Thursday night and set out the trach cans for Friday pickup.

I am off to study more materials.

Have a great day,
Maggie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. I had a headache and was a bit queasy last night, probably from the vaccinations. Went to bed and slept fine but woke up with joint aches and still feeling kind of queasy. I could have stayed home today, but decided it wasn't worth the mess I'd have to deal with at work tomorrow.

I stopped at the older, smaller building at work this morning and straightened up what was my old office. It was used for storage for a while and now the student workers are using it, and it is getting to be a mess. I threw out a big bag of trash, tidied up, and brought down a bag of stuff from there that we can use at the current office. (Best find was four still in the packaging new ice trays, which we can use in our office freezer!) The old office needs one more tidying session, which I'll try to get to tomorrow morning.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Morning.

Well, as of this very moment (knock on wood) there is a little bit of sensitivity in both arems (as in I can feel where I got the shot in the muscle when I move) but other than that no side effects. I am still staying mainly at home unless I decide to run to a craft store. I cancelled my bible study atendance and need to leave for nothing.

My house chore today is to swipe the bathrom, do a quick mop and possibly wash the rug (think I am out of detergent). I need to get some kind of long tool to use on the shower floor since I can nolonger kneel or do the bend and reach.

Between lunch and dinner I will have a home chef meal and soup and a sandwich not sure which will be which. It is national pepperoni pizza day and the community, is offering free pizza for lunch-I may or may not go.

I need to photograph some of the things we have to sell for the bazaar so that we can start sharing on social media. A lady sent a large numbe rof knit pumpkins with cinnamon stick centers, knitted trolls, hats and both face and body scribbie sets so I will photgraph them individually and as a large group on my patio table which has good indirect light outside.

I will either cut the casserole sized hot pads, work on a fall art quilt or start two picture frame fall wreaths using pinterest as a beginning. Not sure which.

Need to get in the exercise and weight of course. and I am really enjoying watching the Great courses on Kanopy which I get free through my library. Right now I am watching a course called the aging brain and then I will head to their how to draw course.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
I got woken up at too early o'clock. The trash company with a robo-call that our pick up will be tomorrow due to driver shortage. I had the alarm set anyway because of the baby watching but to call before 7 is crazy (to me). I am not an early riser anymore. I like 8 or 8:30 LOL.

I have a load of laundry on the lines and another in the washer, should be done soon. It will be loosened up in the dryer and hung on hangers outside as it is clothing.

I planted 2 coneflowers last evening and have a shade hydrangea to plant later. Slowly trying to get different perennials to fill in flowerbeds as annuals are just too pricey. I will still probably use them in the large pots but in the beds, not so much.

Will be making and freezing meatballs at some point. We like meatball subs and the girls have been buying frozen meatballs, going to try homemade frozen and see if they work instead.

When the baby gets picked up this afternoon I hope to find some of my Fall decor that I just remembered that I have. Might do a vignette on a small bench outside the front door...we shall see. :roll:

JCKitty