Daily Check In September 21, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In September 21, 2022

Post by Quilter51 »

Morning. Rough niight last night probably due to eating sweet just before bed even though I walked.

Sitting out on my patio until it gets to hot.

Not doing grilled cheese today because it's habanero cheese, sigh

So only house leaving will be to get some fabric quickly and pick up a small order.

Not sure what the day will bring housewise, same with exercise. Will try not to sleep until tonight but that may be more easily said than done.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I’m home from the doctor. She was happy with my progress. I showed her my incisions. They are closed with a thin film that the surgeon called “glue.” It is coming off and she said it will come off naturally. I got my flu shot there so one thing off the list.

I’m anxious to start the puzzle I bought for my birthday. It is an illustration of five different types of mid-century modern houses.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:19 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

Had a bit of a problem falling back to sleep last night after my usual nocturnal trip to visit the facilities. Things to do kept running through my head and I wondered how on earth I was going to get all completed. I probably won't but as the first frost will probably arrive sometime very soon, getting all that is left in the garden, and helping Hubby move his crushed rock (aggregate as he calls it) are probably the most important. Once that is done the driveway is prepared for the arrival of the tentlike garage. Hopefully the DS's and Hubby can put it up in less than a day and a half.

Next up will be making Baba Ganoush and the freezing of tomatoes. The dehydrating will take place while all else is happening. I may have to tell my friend that coffee time will need to be in the afternoon or late morning.

Household chores for today will not be many (good thing). I will clear out the dishwasher, dust, print out my visa bill, clean the front of the fridge (wiped most of the inside out yesterday...may do one more drawer), and if there is a bit of time after my walk this morning watch another video for the study.

I was approached yesterday about making shawls for the newly baptized babies and young children. Not a bad idea really so I will look into how much in the way of nice soft yarn I have available to use and get started on those right away. The next baptism class is sometime early next year.

Supper tonight is going to be the leftover pork roast. Probably made into a casserole as I don't have the ingredients to make a stir fry (not enough suitable veggies for that purpose).

Today I am grateful to watch the sunrise. What pretty pinks and purples.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Hi Jackie, A few years ago..pre covid..DH and I went to Old Quebec City at Christmas time. It was amazing. On the way home we passed through neighborhoods where most houses had those tent garages. What a great idea!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:11 am Having hospitals do tests like that at night is brilliant and I wish they did it in the US. So many employers will not allow workers to have time off for medical appointments.

Good morning, frugal friends. We gave Lily Dog, who has been sick with more GI issues, her first round of RX probiotic stuff last night along with a boiled egg and baby food. She was about 30 percent improved overnight, so we're hoping this does the trick.

This morning I got to work a little early and finished cleaning up my old office. I have not cleaned up the student laundry room yet today. Few people would be eager to start their day picking strangers' dirty underwear up off the floor, you know? Well, few NORMAL people. :-D The laundry room is horrible every day and my new Lovely Boss seems very not inclined to speak to the students about their role in keeping it clean. *sighs*

My tea cup is almost empty, so back to work. Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie..sorry Lily is still sick...poor pup.
I would put a sign on EVERY machine in the student laundry room....Clean up your own mess..YOUR MOTHER IS NOT HERE!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning fellow frugalites!

I got up early today. I had set my alarm for 7, but when I had to make a bathroom run at 6 - changed it to 8! I know it doesn't take me but 15 minutes to get ready. Just very little makeup - pull hair back and throw on some shorts and a top - voila!

We met for breakfast at a different place. Wanted to try it out. Everyone says she has the best food - actually the siblings other half owns it. Always busy in the drive thru. The sitting area is very small. There is an outdoor area - but too warm for us old ladies.

It was okay - kind of loud in there and we had a hard time gossiping - lol. Exchanging stories - :mrgreen:

Glad we went, but will go back to our usual place. Much more room.

Lets see what other trouble I can get into today. My beans are almost done. The COD will be so happy. He loves freshly made pinto beans. I was asking my family - did mom make beans daily. I remember the clay pot on the stove. Darn things had lead in them - so that is my excuse for my weirdness - :mrgreen: . They of course are no longer used.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

https://ancientcookware.com/classic-mexican/mexican-bean-pot-frijolera-detail

The pots are still handmade in Mexico - but are now certified lead free.