Daily Check In September 22, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In September 22, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee as I definitely need some kind of pick me up this morning. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In September 22, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The frost warning, we were given last night seems not to have happened. While it really cooled right down, there does not seem to be any frost. Things warm up a bit for the next while so I may just have my plants for a bit longer. I will be tossing a few today though as things are actually beginning to be a bit too cool at night to enjoy the deck. The flowers are sort of dropping as well, not really at their best.

Hubby has an eye appointment this morning, and if the weather holds, we will do more work on the driveway gravel once he gets home. Hopefully we get the driveway finished and can move on to other areas he wishes to cover in gravel.

I am kind of glad that I did not pick all the green tomatoes yesterday. This way I can use up the tomatoes inside before adding more boxes to the hallway. Not at all fun moving those to sweep or wash the floors. I have enough to get started on freezing after my walk this morning.

Not sure if I will make tomato sauce this year or not, I may try something different to use things up.

I have the sniffles today and a bit of a sore throat. Most of that is from the drastic changes in temperature lately. You never know what you should be wearing, also the leaves and seeds from the trees are falling which probably does not help any allergy that I may have.

Not too many household chores, so I should be able to do lots of freezing and dehydrating today. I was hoping to make pumpkin puree, but not enough of the pumpkins are at peak ripeness right now.

The chores for today are sweep the floors, walk to the store at some point to pick up a prescription, pay bills online, and do a bit more cleanup in the sewing/craft room. I also plan on watching session 6 video today and overlook the next session. Only 3 more sessions to go for this study. Should be done and have the one (or two) I want to lead picked and ready to go ahead and start some research on those. The study actually starts very soon, and the books have not arrived as of yet.

Both our sons should be home in a couple of weeks for our Thanksgiving. I need to find a few more little gifts for them, things that will be useful around their homes, and perhaps some food related items. The price of gas has fallen, but it still will not be inexpensive to come home. I have some scrap fabric that I could use to make some draft dodgers for them. Just have to pick up the proper filler (going to try kitty litter this time around).

Supper tonight is going to be leftover ham. Probably a very simple meal with the leftovers either eaten for lunches or put aside for sandwiches (did not purchase luncheon meat this shopping trip, just too expensive).

Today I am grateful for the beautiful sunrise I was treated to this morning.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

I was up super early - 6:54 am! I was wide awake and decided to get up and watch the sun rise.

One set of windows in my bedroom face east - my desk is right in front of the window - so I can read and watch. Very nice

The pack went out at that time and it was much cooler outside. And the back empty field had a few feet of mist over it. So that means it is cool out there.

Today is supposed to be the first day of fall? At 9pm?

I've had my first cup of coffee - yummy. Today is my "day off" - so will see what I can get into today!

Have a great one.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

It certainly feels very autumnal here this morning, close to freezing point. We still haven’t turned our furnace on yet and keep the main floor comfortable with an electrical heater and utilizing solar heat. It won’t be long!

This morning I am meeting my new family physician for the first time. Just an introductory visit and I will request some routine bloodwork, as it’s been quite awhile, especially for my thyroid levels. I am very grateful to have a family physician, as many in our city do not.

I hope to get my blood work done directly after the appointment. The lab is just a short walk from the clinic. I will probably leave my car at the clinic as it has free parking and the lab charges for parking.

This afternoon I plan to walk with a neighbourhood friend. It’s been ages since we last got together and I am anxious to hear all about her cruise which started in Boston and ended in Montreal. It was to celebrate her 40 th wedding anniversary. I haven’t seen her since before my Colorado trip except in passing.

My veggies are pretty much done in our garden. I may get another harvest of Swiss chard and parsley. There’s other herbs to be harvested but I don’t have any more room in the freezer.

Think I will make some zucchini bread soon. That clears 2 cups of grated zucchini from the freezer, lol!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

The weather forecast is for rain today calling for about an inch with a temp at a high of about 71 degrees. Tomorrow is expected to be on the chilly side with a high of only 62 degrees.

While working at my computer yesterday my Malwarebytes started going crazy popping up notifications every time I clicked on a browser or new tab saying outgoing website blocked. I had also noticed recently that it was also taking a bit longer to connect to sites which I had actually thought was a problem with my wifi. After a few minutes I decided to run a full virus scan and it picked up a Trojan, exactly a high number of copies of the Trojan. Fortunately it wiped it clean as all copies were quarantined. Not sure how I picked it up as there was little information on it except that it was high risk and gotten through an email. Now I know that wasn't the case with me because I'm extremely cautious when it comes to emails, so I must have picked it up on a malicious web site somehow. Anyway I've changed my passwords on my sensitive accounts which all appeared to be intact so I think I'm OK.

Just got back from running some errands. Wanted to return an Amazon order and see I've already been refunded. As I have significant dollars on the "giftcard" with this return, I decided to use it for vitamins I need so I will be placing my order later.

My sister called me 4 times in about an hour and a half while I was out and now I can't get hold of her. I'm thinking however that she still might be at her doctor's appointment.

Not sure what else I want to do today so I'll keep my plan open for now.

Have a wonderful day.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

If a Trojan is attached to am email, you don't always have to click on it for an install. They are sneaky.