Daily Check In September 22, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In September 22, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Tomatoes (those that were ripe) blanched, peeled and bagged. After cooling I put them in the freezer. I am thinking that one more freezing session and I will have enough to last for the winter. This means thinking of something different to do with the remaining as they ripen. I am leaning towards trying a tomato chutney and perhaps a green tomato mincemeat (though Hubby does not really enjoy mincemeat). I will try anything once.

I made my eggplant dip yesterday, but I cannot get past the texture. Big no for me. I will stick to stuffed, parma and moussaka for eggplant.

Lemon trees are repotted, and the old pots washed and ready for the hibiscus to be put into. I will more than likely add that to tomorrow's list. Unless of course I decide to do so tonight.

Now back to knitting for an hour or so and then supper will be started.

It is really cloudy now, so Hubby and I stopped laying the landscape fabric and covering it with gravel. Tomorrow should see the remainder done hopefully and a start on the next area (weed covered area under our front steps). I actually think we just might get the forecasted rain.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by LWolfT » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:11 pm

Good afternoon!
Sunny and 67 (needed a jacket this morning) and supposed to hit mid-40s tonight. May turn on the furnace, since I suspect it will be chilly in the morning.

Appointment with my doc for hip issues today. He's happy with my progress and wants me to continue PT a bit longer. (BTW, Is anyone using the arthritis version of Tylenol? ... Worth getting, or should I just stick with the regular?)

So, otherwise, a quick stop at Aldi to get bread, followed by a curbside pickup at Target, followed by a session of setting up appointments for me, furnace maintenance, a call to a repair shop (carpet shampooer is leaking ...)

Mackie, glad to hear your furbaby is doing better.

Off to get the mail and do something about dinner ...
I use the Arthritis Tylenol. When I can get it I use my stores brand. Last time I went they were out of it so I had to buy the Tylenol. I had a coupon so that helped.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Been just relaxing.

Did dust and sweep. OMG - so much fur. That is why I buy swiffer duster thingies by the case!

Wasn't too bad out there today. I was worried. The temp was forecast to hit 99. Think it got to 95. We shall see tomorrow. They said this was going to be the last summer blast.

Saturday is supposed to be much cooler.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Like penny I use tylenol arthritis. But I often need two three times a day so I personally am looking at something stronger in my future-
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I can take any of the NSAIDs at bedtime I take a Rx Tramadol.

I also use lots of ice packs esp. during the day. I often go to sleep with an ice pack at night.

I made some you can lay on.

They are made from cellulose sponges slightly wetter then when they are packed. Placed in a double Zipper plastic freezer bag. I wrap them in my granddaughters old receiving blankets.

Penny
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

itspennyc wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:19 am I can take any of the NSAIDs at bedtime I take a Rx Tramadol.

I also use lots of ice packs esp. during the day. I often go to sleep with an ice pack at night.

Penny
Yeah, ice and heat packs here, too. My doc wants me to reduce the NSAIDs to "as needed" and suggested using Tylenol. Tried the regular "extra strength" dose yesterday; did OK, but could be better. So I'll give the arthritis version a try and see how it goes.