Daily Check In September 23, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In September 23, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Up, barely, must have coffee. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in September 23, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's very definitely going to be a fall Friday and Saturday with bright sun, but temperature not going above 70 degrees, but then it is autumn.

Have spent the morning thus far, exercising and working on my coloring page and watching some You Tube videos. The only housework I have on the schedule for today is sweep the floor, straightening up after myself and cleanup after meal prep. I also want to make some hamburger patties from the meat I bought yesterday to replenish my supply.

I want to continue working on my coloring page as I want to have this one done before my coloring group starts again which is only 12 days away. I also need to find a picture to start with that doesn't require a lot of shading because the light isn't good enough there although my sister gave me a portable light that could help. I might look for a simple Halloween picture.

Today is the 5th year anniversary of my Mom's passing. I can't believe it went by so fast. I really miss her. I know I've mentioned previously I never really got to know my mother until I started looking after her. I will always appreciate being able to spend the last 7 years of her life with her.

Well I guess that's all for now. Have a great day all.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In September 23, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Jackie, we posted at the same time. Can you please fix?
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in September 23, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Logics, (((Hugs))) on the anniversary of your mother’s passing. You were (and are) a very, very good daughter and cared for your mom well.

I did not sleep well. I slept at the beginning and end of the night but not much in between. I bought Tylenol PM after my doctor suggested it but need to doublecheck with my eye doctor next week because of my glaucoma. I’m pretty sure that it is OK with my type of open-angle glaucoma but want to be sure.

I’m going to go to mom’s house this morning and at least plant the flowers I bought. We’ll see what else I do.

I’m sorry for PEI and the rest of Atlantic Canada with Hurricane Fiona on the way. But I’m more focused on what’s now called Tropical Depression 9 which does not look good for my area. I hope the path shifts.

Have a good day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It started to rain around 7 last night and seems to have continued off and on throughout the night. This could make getting my hibiscus plants out and repotted a bit on the messy side.

While it is not raining right now, it is dark and gloomy. No real sunrise to watch this morning, but the temperatures are not too bad (around the 48 F mark right now) and bound to get better as the day progresses.

My neighbour down the street was setting up for a yard sale yesterday. They always have really neat things as their entire family takes part. So either later today or early tomorrow (don't know which day they will be having it) I plan on taking a look at what's there. May find some items for the DS's, some neat storage ideas for the sewing/craft room, or some interesting things to use in the yard. The neighbours are also moving as they are getting up in age and the husband has cerebral palsy and the wife just had a stroke not long ago. I would say both are in their early 80's and the house and yard are huge. Too much for them to look after now, and their family tries to help, but are getting up in age as well.

My household task list is short today. I just need to dust, repot the hibiscus, vacuum, tidy the living room, and perhaps if I am energetic begin to wash walls (doing the back half of the house first). Then of course I must watch the next session of the Bible study and either knit or sew the afternoon away (probably knit as I am almost finished the newest blanket). Should be done by the end of the weekend, and then I can concentrate on sewing my flimsy and perhaps cutting more strips for the rug for DS. I have a pattern in mind for that rug.

Supper tonight is going to be falafels. I may walk to the store later today and pick up a package of pita breads to use with them. Forgot to do so when I shopped on Tuesday. I could of course try making my own pitas or use tortillas instead, but with a brand-new recipe.... I am not inclined to try another different or new dish.

Today I am grateful for the rain and the amount of work we have gotten done on the driveway. Still not parking in it but getting closer.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LogicsHere wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:37 am Jackie, we posted at the same time. Can you please fix?
Fixed.
Jackie