Daily Check In September 23, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal2

Re: Daily Check In September 23, 2022

Post by icfrugal2 »

Good afternoon,

Another morning "off" Love it

walked the dogs, fed the dogs,

Using what I call "The Penny" method, I baked cookies for an hour.

(the Penny method is to get everything ready the night before so that all you have to do is mix everything together :D Thank you, Penny)

DH had a medical appt. at 3pm this afternoon.

I'm sending some of the cookies and some photos to My Sunday friend, so the post office after appt. late lunch.

The rest of the cookies are for my family, we are meeting them for lunch tomorrow.

After lunch yesterday I had an appt for my 3rd booster and I got my flu shot, it made too long of a day for DH :|

IC
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

Whew!

I just got back from running some errands. I met up with the woman who had the jalapeno peppers. Good thing I have lots of freezer bags as I'll be busy tonight getting them ready for the freezer.

I also went to the bank to pick-up cash to go to the Resource Store sale tomorrow morning. It did say Debit but I thought it would be easier and quicker to have cash.

Sobeys/Safeway had Tuna and Canned tomatoes on sale for 99 cents a can. Tuna used to ALWAYS be $1.00 but now? It's about $1.49. I can usually get it at Shoppers Drug Mart for $1.25/can but this sale? Well worth getting 10 cans of tuna and $5 of tomatoes. They were out of the diced tomatoes so I just got whole tomatoes. They cook down in my chili anyhoo. I forgot to take my reusable shopping bag so have to go out to the car to get those can brought into the house.

The weather here is the same as it is at Jackie's house, dark and overcast. It must have rained at some point as there were puddles in the street and the sidewalk was almost done drying off. I like the rain we get at this time of year although I REALLY love a good July Thunderstorm during the day time! The night time ones scare me! I'm a wuss!

I am just enjoying my first caffeine of the day, a peppermint iced coffee. I don't know if I mentioned it but the Food Rescue Store had a whole shelf of Starbucks Peppermint flavor Syrup for $2.00. It's more than a liter so I think it is the kind they use directly for customer use when they make drinks. It sure makes for good iced coffee!! And that price is 1/3 of the cost of a smaller bottle of syrup at our coffee shop. I may spend some leftover change to get another bottle. It would make for lovely peppermint flavored tea this winter since I have no garden to grow peppermint in.

Little Opal's eye looks a bit better today. I didn't vacuum near her cage yesterday as I didn't want any dust or whatever to get stirred up and maybe irritate it more. My poor little girl!

Other than that? Not much going on around here except my excitement about going to the Food Resource Store sale tomorrow!

That's the skinny from here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:15 pm Salut mes amis!

Just a super quick pop-in and I'll come back later. I am meeting up with someone I bought $10 worth of garden Jalepeno peppers from for about 10 pounds. I'll be chopping like CRAZY all night! LOL. Gotta get out the gloves for that.

I just had to show you all the big special coming in to Brandon tomorrow brought in by our food Rescue Store (they get donations of too much stock or stock close to best buy dates and all. We had a discussion on this a while ago.)

Can you BELIEVE these prices? I borrowed some moolah so I could go buy these. I'll just get a box of each and that should do me for a VERY long time!!

Hash brown case (19 kg) $35.00
Pork round sausage (18 lbs) $10.00
Mozzarella cheese (2.5 kg) $10.00

I asked Zoe if she wants to go as I know John likes to make breakfast with the hash browns and sausages so now he'd have pork patties!

What do you all think of those prices?

MJ
Those are really great prices.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Still gloomy out, in fact it is getting even darker out. I wonder if we will have even more rain today.

Hubby and I finished spreading the gravel on the extended driveway, and did the area under the steps as well. Looks so much neater.

I got the falafel mixture made and it is now in the fridge for an hour or so. I am going way out and making my own flat breads to serve with them. I will cut up some of the cherry tomatoes, some onion, shred some lettuce and add some pickles to the mix to serve on top. The flat breads will be more along the line of a pita idea without the pocket.

I think I just might have figured out a challenge for myself for next year. Just have to think it through. Sort of get everything lined up as well as in my head as to how I am going to go about it.

I have added what I hope will be the last small ball of yarn to the knitted blanket. Hoping that it will be done by late tomorrow and then perhaps I can concentrate on another project.

I visited the neighbours garage sale and got 8 lovely placemats for $2.00, a glass storage container for $1.00, a large storage basket for $1.00 and a set of 2 slightly smaller storage baskets for another $1.00. Those storage baskets made it a bit easier to store some items in the sewing/craft room. Things are coming along in there very nicely. Still not completely tidy or organized, but slowly getting there.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/