Daily Check In September 23, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In September 23, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Up too, Jackie. Having my tea break at work. It's chilly this morning.

DH seems to have caught DS's cold. He said he felt awful this morning. I hope that's all it is, as he had a bunch of medical appointments this week and I know he didn't wear a mask while sitting in waiting rooms.

I sincerely hope to not be buried under packages today. My back was seizing up by the time I left yesterday, but a little while stretched out on the sofa really helped that.

Lily Dog seems absolutely chipper this morning, and I got her to take her heart pill dipped in peanut butter. It's a huge tablet and she refuses it when she's sick so she had not had it since Saturday. I wasn't too worried about her skipping it because she wasn't active at all while she was sick.

Last night I did a minor splurge and ordered three Jamie Oliver cookbooks on eBay. The used book seller was offering 10% off on each book, so it came to $19 for three after tax. I read cookbooks like novels (enjoy them more than novels these days) and my cooking is boring me to death lately, so it's a justifiable splurge.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Morning. still in the "wake up at 75, end the day at 97 F zone" but as long as it cooles ab it at night so I can sit outside and do things in the morning I am fine, although it is obvious that morning walking is not for me so I probably will not walk alot anytime soon which is fine.

I have not had alot of issues with my arms, but today both upper arms itch like the devil and there is minor tenderniss. Trying to scratch lightly if you get my drift, lol.

We are supposed to go to a small fine dining place to night and celebrate my birthday but my daughter was sicker than a dog yesterday and thought she had food poisinging so I amw aiting for her to let me know if that is a year or we will need to cancel and celebrate after my birthday as she has her anniversary stuff coming this week (I have a lunch date both tomorrow and on Tuesday for said birthday and may have another so I am not deprived.

Todays tasks mainly include the once or twice a week putting back of stuff I have gotten out, running the dishasher and a washer full of clothes, and forty minutes of walking and exercise.

Then I will finish cutting all the fabrics I have in the house for sewing project for the bazaar so I can get to work.

I hope to get the episode of rings of power watched today and Ineed to start a new book!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Quilter51 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:20 am Morning. still in the "wake up at 75, end the day at 97 F zone" but as long as it cooles ab it at night so I can sit outside and do things in the morning I am fine, although it is obvious that morning walking is not for me so I probably will not walk alot anytime soon which is fine.

I have not had alot of issues with my arms, but today both upper arms itch like the devil and there is minor tenderniss. Trying to scratch lightly if you get my drift, lol.

We are supposed to go to a small fine dining place to night and celebrate my birthday but my daughter was sicker than a dog yesterday and thought she had food poisinging so I amw aiting for her to let me know if that is a year or we will need to cancel and celebrate after my birthday as she has her anniversary stuff coming this week (I have a lunch date both tomorrow and on Tuesday for said birthday and may have another so I am not deprived.

Todays tasks mainly include the once or twice a week putting back of stuff I have gotten out, running the dishasher and a washer full of clothes, and forty minutes of walking and exercise.

Then I will finish cutting all the fabrics I have in the house for sewing project for the bazaar so I can get to work.

I hope to get the episode of rings of power watched today and Ineed to start a new book!
Is today your birthday, Quilter? Happy Birthday!
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I put most of my groceries away, now to do the shelf stable ones. I ordered a steak and a boneless pork rib eye roast. That will give me multiple meals. I ordered several of H-E-Bs pumpkin bread mix. I use it to make muffins.

My garbage and trash is out.

I looked at my receipt and at the bank website they don’t agree. I will check later. My receipt said they took about $11 more than the amount the bank says. Time will tell.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

Slept great - didn't get up until 8:30! It was nice.

Took the pups out and had my coffee. Now just reading up on what is happening in this crazy world.

Was invited to go eat but since I am already going to a party this afternoon - had to say no. After the party going to high school football game - big rivalry. Hope we win!!!

Guess I will change out of my pjs - lol.

Have a great day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I’m home from mom’s house. After planting the flowers, I trimmed the hedge under the front windows. The ixora definitely need trimming but were in the direct sun. I’m so glad I hired the lawn guy. The yard looks good.

The other day when I bought green grapes, I bought the ones they call cotton candy by mistake. I didn’t know they existed. I must say they are really delicious. But my receipt showed the price as $3.99/pound. I only bought a little more than a pound, thankfully. Regular green grapes are $2.49/pound. The cotton candy ones are a treat but I’ll buy the regular ones next time.