Daily Check In September 23, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In September 23, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Happy birthday, Quilter! I hope your daughter feels better soon.

It is a gorgeous day right now: low humidity and the sky is crystalline blue. I will probably go home and make chili or beef barley soup for DH this afternoon, since he said his sinuses were stuffed up and his throat hurt. I have a hankering for a baked sweet potato and maybe some tomato soup to go with it.
Mackie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon ...

Off and on cloudy today with temps in the high 50s. Did set the furnace last night, but as far as I know, it didn't kick in.

Out running errands, quick stop at the supermarket to use a couple of coupons and check markdowns. Not a lot that I could use, but I did find some tea.

Trying to decide what to do with the afternoon (or, more accurately, before I start dinner, LOL) Think I will make a small apple cobbler and go from there.

Quilter, happy birthday! (Or happy birthday week, whatever is applicable ;) ) Hope your daughter's feeling better.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Thank you all. And for your patience with all my arthritic misspelling this morning.

No, my birthday is on Monday. Bit the next day is my daughter's anniversary so we celebrate early so they can do their thing. Like u said I have plans tonight, Texas Roadhouse tomorrow, a local place on Tuesday and I may take myself to Red Lobster on the actual day.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

Just a super quick pop-in and I'll come back later. I am meeting up with someone I bought $10 worth of garden Jalepeno peppers from for about 10 pounds. I'll be chopping like CRAZY all night! LOL. Gotta get out the gloves for that.

I just had to show you all the big special coming in to Brandon tomorrow brought in by our food Rescue Store (they get donations of too much stock or stock close to best buy dates and all. We had a discussion on this a while ago.)

Can you BELIEVE these prices? I borrowed some moolah so I could go buy these. I'll just get a box of each and that should do me for a VERY long time!!

Hash brown case (19 kg) $35.00
Pork round sausage (18 lbs) $10.00
Mozzarella cheese (2.5 kg) $10.00

I asked Zoe if she wants to go as I know John likes to make breakfast with the hash browns and sausages so now he'd have pork patties!

What do you all think of those prices?

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
icfrugal2

Re: Daily Check-in September 23, 2022

Post by icfrugal2 »

LogicsHere wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:36 am Good morning all.

It's very definitely going to be a fall Friday and Saturday with bright sun, but temperature not going above 70 degrees, but then it is autumn.

Have spent the morning thus far, exercising and working on my coloring page and watching some You Tube videos. The only housework I have on the schedule for today is sweep the floor, straightening up after myself and cleanup after meal prep. I also want to make some hamburger patties from the meat I bought yesterday to replenish my supply.

I want to continue working on my coloring page as I want to have this one done before my coloring group starts again which is only 12 days away. I also need to find a picture to start with that doesn't require a lot of shading because the light isn't good enough there although my sister gave me a portable light that could help. I might look for a simple Halloween picture.

Today is the 5th year anniversary of my Mom's passing. I can't believe it went by so fast. I really miss her. I know I've mentioned previously I never really got to know my mother until I started looking after her. I will always appreciate being able to spend the last 7 years of her life with her.

Well I guess that's all for now. Have a great day all.
My mother will have been gone for 20 years this year, it does still hurt.

She is missed, and still talked about (positively LOL)

I'm so happy that you were able to get to know your mom.

IC
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:52 am Up too, Jackie. Having my tea break at work. It's chilly this morning.

DH seems to have caught DS's cold. He said he felt awful this morning. I hope that's all it is, as he had a bunch of medical appointments this week and I know he didn't wear a mask while sitting in waiting rooms.

I sincerely hope to not be buried under packages today. My back was seizing up by the time I left yesterday, but a little while stretched out on the sofa really helped that.

Lily Dog seems absolutely chipper this morning, and I got her to take her heart pill dipped in peanut butter. It's a huge tablet and she refuses it when she's sick so she had not had it since Saturday. I wasn't too worried about her skipping it because she wasn't active at all while she was sick.

Last night I did a minor splurge and ordered three Jamie Oliver cookbooks on eBay. The used book seller was offering 10% off on each book, so it came to $19 for three after tax. I read cookbooks like novels (enjoy them more than novels these days) and my cooking is boring me to death lately, so it's a justifiable splurge.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
LOL, do you really need to justify a splurge??? (NO !!!)

You can enjoy being frugal and still enjoy life, enjoy your new (to you ) books

:D

IC