Daily Check In September 24, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In September 24, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Another nice fall day but not sure if I want to venture outside, although I should before I have to stop for the cold weather.

Everything that needs to be done today is already done. I've also watched a couple of You Tube videos, checked out the news headlines (depressing) and did another section on my coloring page.

I was reading MJ's post of yesterday. I do envy a bit those of you who have a Walmart Supercenter and/or an Aldi's near by or even a grocery that reduces prices on items often. We rarely see any price reductions on anything and when we do, it's nothing anyone wanted in the first place.

I have my Saturday chat coming up so that I am looking forward to. I plan to do some reading, playing a few games on the computer and checking out some additional videos. I need to check to see what's on Hallmark tonight.

Dinner tonight will be steak, half of a potato (mine are pretty large) and another veggie.

Well that's all for now. Have a great day.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Homecoming Weekend continues at our High School. Our girls soccer team won their game and oldest DGD scored the winning goal! A perfect moment in her senior year.
Heading over to the school in a bit for the sports parade which both DGDs are in.
The weather has turned here...definitely Fall.
I made a huge baked Mac and cheese this morning for dinner for everyone tonight. Hot dogs..burgers..etc. We also have my niece and son coming in for the weekend.
Have a good Saturday everyone!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Slept well. Wanted to stay in bed, but the fur brats and other plans, so I got up at 8 to let them out.

Had my coffee and catching up on news

Yesterday was a busy day - well for me anyway. Went to my siblings house for a birthday meal for niece. Then went to the football game with them. What madhouse - have never seen our football stadium packed like that - and the parking. We lost - which was not expected. Wah.

anyway - climbing up the steps, sitting on those metal bleacher - eh - my football days are over - lol. OMG - i went to the game with another niece and her kids. Those kids never stopped talking or jumping around. She just laughed at me cuz she could tell I am not used to all that. So much energy. Oh well. Nice to be young.

Now to see what I will have for breakfast. Have a great day.
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

LogicsHere wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:38 am Good morning all.

Another nice fall day but not sure if I want to venture outside, although I should before I have to stop for the cold weather.

Everything that needs to be done today is already done. I've also watched a couple of You Tube videos, checked out the news headlines (depressing) and did another section on my coloring page.

I was reading MJ's post of yesterday. I do envy a bit those of you who have a Walmart Supercenter and/or an Aldi's near by or even a grocery that reduces prices on items often. We rarely see any price reductions on anything and when we do, it's nothing anyone wanted in the first place.

I have my Saturday chat coming up so that I am looking forward to. I plan to do some reading, playing a few games on the computer and checking out some additional videos. I need to check to see what's on Hallmark tonight.

Dinner tonight will be steak, half of a potato (mine are pretty large) and another veggie.

Well that's all for now. Have a great day.
If you like Hallmark, have you tried the Frndly stream? It has 2 hallmarks and 3 other stations that are similar to Hallmark. Frndly is the way it is spelled
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I only had 1/4 tank of gas so I filled up. No lines yet. I remember what a nightmare it was to get gas before Hurricane Irma. Then I went to my small Publix to get fresh D batteries for my flashlight. Only two packs left on the shelf after I bought one pack. I put fresh batteries in my two portable radios not long ago so I was OK there. Publix was very busy. I think I was the only person not buying water. There was a limit, too. I have enough of my own jugs plus I never remember a time when we lost water or even had a boil water order.
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

quick

SIL called their brother and fell again, we think about 4 am, and that is when a bump was heard.

This brother falls a lot, 911 was called about 2 weeks ago, at that time he passed out and face-planted (drunk) he got 6 stitches on his lib and has a broken jaw, he is refusing treatment for the jaw.

The brother and sister who live there are in fear of him falling again. He is usually drunk by 11 am or so.

He also has lung cancer and is getting chemo (what a mess)

Anyway, this morning at about 9 am he called 911 for himself, his sister is afraid that he has maybe a broken hip.

hopefully, the ER will keep him for a while.

what a way to start the day.

in the meantime, DH and will be leaving i n a bit for lunch with my family

Happy day

IC