Daily Check In September 24, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In September 24, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get some coffee. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In September 24, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, Jackie and everyone. I have been up a while, drinking coffee and surveying everything that has to be done. It's a lot!

Dora Kitty and Penny Cat are fussing at each other right now. Dora is pretty strict about defending the laundry room as her territory.

DH wanted hot food fast last night, so we went to the Thai restaurant we used to visit often before Covid. He had a bowl of spicy shrimp soup that was just what he was looking for. I had a salad and an appetizer so that it fit in my diet plan. It was delicious.

I need to get my mojo working and clean the kitchen, finish making a grocery list and get my laundry started.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Another of what looks to be a gloomy day ahead. At least it is cool enough to move gravel and not work up a great deal of sweat once again. Hoping that the remaining pile of gravel in the middle of the driveway is moved very soon. What is left will be going down the side of the house, or rather at least behind the chairs at the firepit. Perhaps I could talk Hubby into extending the firepit area???? I don't think that will happen, but I could try. In thinking about how Hubby phrased my question as to where the extra gravel was going, I think he is just going to pile it in the area behind the chairs and perhaps figure out what to do with it later. I don't know if I like that plan very much.

Just one item on the list that I really need to complete today and that is sending my scan in for the points, and I believe there is a survey for me to complete as well for even more points. I will be cashing some in soon in order to get more Kobo cards to use to purchase ebooks. Winter is coming and I need to stock up.

I will also be placing my weekly call to my youngest brother this afternoon. Then I will be nursing a headache for the remainder of the day. It is really rough going talking to him, but I do it, so he actually stays verbal and doesn't go into one of his schizophrenic spirals as has happened before. Hard to carry on a meaningful conversation when he enjoys stopping me every few words to change the subject or ask a question.

The falafels were really not bad last night but very filling. I put some in the freezer to be warmed up and eaten at another meal. I will post the recipe later.

Supper tonight will be pork chops, mashed potatoes and corn. I may make a cake for our dessert for the next few days. My sweet tooth is coming out once again.

Today I am grateful that we can still have the furnace off, but it is getting really chilly inside so I doubt that will happen much longer.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I slept well last night and feel refreshed this morning. I did take a regular Tylenol in the middle of the night.

We now have a named storm, Tropical Storm Ian. It is expected to become a hurricane and, at least for now, is headed our way. I made a reservation for two nights, Wednesday and Thursday, at a hotel in Clearwater in a non-evacuation zone just in case. I’m glad to have it. The hotel I first tried, closer to me, is already booked. The hotel where mom, Pippi and I stayed during Hurricane Irma is also booked and it worked out well for us but is too close to the water.

I am in what’s called evacuation zone B. Mom’s house is in evacuation zone D and is probably better but lots of trees and overhead wires and I don’t have Internet at that house. My friend and her DH have a 4-bedroom home in a non-evacuation zone but lots of trees and her daughter’s family might go there. So we’ll see!

I plan to mostly work on my puzzle today. Yesterday after doing trimming at mom’s house, I was tired.

Have a good day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up a little before 6 this morning.

I think there is something wrong with my phone battery. I plugged it in last night but it didn’t charge. I have it plugged in right now but I don’t know yet if it is actually charging.

Other than my phone nothing is new.

I rebooted my phone and it appears to be charging now. I hope so.

Penny
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Florida I was wondering if storms were one of the reasons you were in no hurry to move to your mom's house

Good morning

Last night my kids took me to dinner. There is this very small restaurant here that is actually in a house and only seats about 22 people or so and the menu changes daily. it's almost impossible to get a res on one of the five days there are open but we did it. We got three appetizers and three main dishes and desserts and it was fantastic. One of the reasons I cook when I hate to so I can do gorumet dining. Hopefully no one will jump out of the computer at me when I say I had a rabbit mixture in a pillow shaped pasta, my appetizer was speck and figs on italian bread with seasonings and I had lemon cake with pine nuts for dessert (other people had a bunch of things including panna cotta for dessert and it was one of those you must take pictures type meals which I did and will blog post today or tomorrow).

The celbration continues (lol) when friends take me to Texas Roadhouse today (I do not have a grill and literally cannot cook steak in a pan even though I know it's the best way). and then I am going to listen to Irish music. I actually plan spending my birthday (Monday( at home although I might run out and get some seafood at the store. Tomorrow is just church for now and Tuesday I have a nother lunch.

Today I am working on my budget for the year until it is time to go out and I may do some house tasks and or sewing things eventually-I'll need tomorrow after church and coffee hour to get my act together.

We are still at the it gets to 97 stage or what we in texas call either false fall or second summer.