Daily Check In September 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check In September 25, 2022

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept until 7:15 this morning.

Not much is new.

I do need to cook my pork roast, it will go in as soon as the oven is preheated.

Penny
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

Typical Sunday, 8:30 Mass, Coffee afterwards. I had no plans to buy anything at the gourmet grocery store, but took a spin around. I saw a sign in the kitchen equipment area that bees wax wraps were 30% off. I have been wanting some more. I keep my parmesan cheese chunk wrapped in one. So I got 2. I know Erin has instructions on making your own. I should look into it.

Yesterday was a good day. A small town nearby had their annual sot pretzel festival and server of my support/social group friends decided to go. They swung by and picked me up. We had a nice time. I ate too many carbs for me.

Today, I will go to DGS5's baseball game. Even though it rained overnight, the fields he plays on drain very well, so they only cancel games when it is actively raining or thunder and lightening. Then I will come back to my city and tonight I have a volunteer shift at the Oktoberfest put on as a fund raiser for the local art museum. It is only 1-1/2 hours.

Have a great day,
Maggie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Nothing important to report today. I did run up and get some apples on sale as I only had 4 very small ones left and some additional bananas. I also had $20 in ECBs due to expire next month but as they had the 2023 planners out I got one. I could have waited but then they only had 2 in the store closest to me so I picked both up as my sister had mentioned she wanted one as well.

So today will be spontaneous. I will watch the Hallmark movie that was featured last night at 6:00 today. I want to work on my coloring page . . . still working on coloring "gold" for a buckle. The biggest challenge is going to be the cornucopia itself as it was drawn with very little pattern.

Tonight I finish the leftover spaghetti for dinner.

Well that's all for now. Have a great day.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Update - I have 7 white potatoes and 2 sweet potatoes and a 4 cabbage steaks baking in the oven. Cabbage and onions sauteing on the stove to top a veggie pizza. I have to make a soup to use up some kale and a few more potatoes - thinking a creamy potato, corn, kale chowder. But first - a cup of salted caramel tea. Happy Sunday!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I have gotten a bunch of stuff done but still have not done the dusting. Got side tracked by going across the river to get my hair cut and stopping at Goodwill to buy some plates for cat feeding. Also found a cool music CD for $1.99.

One of our student workers is adopting a cat, so I went through our stash of cat supplies (of which we have plentiful items) and put together a litter box, some food and litter, the plates from Goodwill, some toys Dora never played with, some blankets I made for Ollie that never got used, and a couple other items. The pet stuff cabinet is a lot easier to get into now! :-D

The litter box was one I bought for Dora that was barely used, as she preferred the mega sized boxes Ollie and Penny Cat have. So we bought a mega box for her too, although she's a smaller cat. It was too nice to throw away and I could not see donating a litter box, so this worked out.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Quiet day for me. I colored my hair this morning! I did not feel like doing it but got it done. I asked my primary care doctor if she thought it would be OK. I did not want to get the dye anywhere near my incisions. I have five incisions and one is mostly healed and the others are doing well. I have not colored my hair since mid-May.

I’m now washing my towels. They are in the dryer.

I’m feeling better about the hurricane but we are not out of the woods yet. Even if it goes more north, I will likely get a lot of wind since I’m so close to the coast and they expect the wind field to be wide and we are on the right (bad) side of the storm. If nothing changes, I’m leaning towards staying at my house because there is less chance to lose power here.

Have a good rest of the day.