Daily Check In September 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal2

Re: Daily Check In September 25, 2022

Post by icfrugal2 »

Good early afternoon,

ER didn't keep BIL very long, nothing was broken. All very strange.

Poor SIL, (his sister) is so worried, about him, she buys food for him, but he drinks and doesn't eat.

We had a nice lunch with my family.

Dogs walked, dogs fed.

went to taco bell for breakfast, then went to Walmart for some things.

Home now cleaned the pool robot, emptied the dishwasher, and I need to fil lit back up.

I need to get my self upstairs to clean up some stuff.

IC
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I am home and boy I am tired.

I guess part of getting older. Did a lot of chopping and dicing - I don't know how much pasta salad we made.

a lot. Then we made fruit salad. First time for out group, so was a learning process. We used to have hamburger sales and we had that down - how much to buy of this or that. I would help grill. For some reason - this was more tiring - lol. And all done inside in the AC! Getting old I tell you. :mrgreen:

tomorrow will help serve and then clean up afterwards.

Have a great evening.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Well, I did the shopping a couple of days early but at least now I get to stick around the house after meetings. I found the fabric to make the draft dodgers for the DS's. Now just to get the kitty litter the next time I go shopping.

I managed to get the laundry done today, deep cleaned the bathroom, deep cleaned the kitchen sinks and counters, repotted the hibiscus plants (bit worried about those though as I don't think I got enough root), made the weekly household task lists, and did up Octobers' menu plan. Hopefully I will be sticking to this plan a bit better than this month.

I even got some prework done on the rug backing.

Supper is in the oven; I will just have to add the potatoes and carrots in about an hour or so.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Storm track has moved back towards my area. Local paper had a flood map and my house area does not look good (even though I knew this.) I’ve started making a list of things to take if I have to leave my house. Feeling stress. Oh well.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:26 pm Storm track has moved back towards my area. Local paper had a flood map and my house area does not look good (even though I knew this.) I’ve started making a list of things to take if I have to leave my house. Feeling stress. Oh well.
oh no - yea those storms can be tricky. I remember when I was stationed in Biloxi. They sent us to stay in some big airplane hangar type buildings. Nothing happened, so we went home - two days later - it turned and there were were off again. And yea it hit. We spent several weeks just cleaning the base and even the town and other areas.

Get your stuff and go - stay safe!
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:
FloridaCat, pack and get ready even if you don't end up leaving at least it will keep you busy and might help alleviate some stress. You could come up here to Indiana...I have room. :?

Today has been a weird day for me, nothing much going on but just feeling strange, like I have forgotten something important.
It stayed cool all day, ate more of my leftover Mexican food for late lunch and have enough for tomorrow also...3 meals from one order is awesome.
I could eat guacamole and pica de gallo every day.

Tomorrow, I need to figure out what for supper.... leaning to a baked potato and salad. Or I might make soup with the bits and pieces from the fridge.
Hopefully DD2 will bring me some cucumbers from an office mate that is overloaded. I would love to make 6 more quarts of sweet lime pickles and then I will quit pickling. Although I do want to try my hand at the "fire and ice" dills...I will buy dills to make them because I can't make dill pickles.

Need to boil some eggs tomorrow also. My hens are really producing! I dread having to keep them penned up when the weather turns, they really keep the bugs under control. The chicken poo on my walkway is really tacky looking :roll: but it washes off LOL.

JCKitty