Daily Check in Sept 26, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in Sept 26, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:22 pm As I said above, sending a prayer and {{HUGS}}
Thank you, Logics.

I hope that your niece and her family stay safe, too. Do you know what zone she lives in? They are calling for evacuations of A, B and C. “A” tonight (which seems a bit early) and B and C starting tomorrow. My Dutch friend lives in C and was planning to stay in her house so I’m not sure now.

Friend who took me to lunch last Saturday lives on the water (condo) as does the friend who made me the shepherd’s pie. I’m sorry to say that this second friend has flood insurance but not homeowner’s insurance (single family house) because she felt she couldn’t afford it. I’m glad that I paid the outrageous premium this spring to get the government flood insurance.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

MJ, I am so happy you take advantage of the lunches and stuff. Lunch sounds good, and another dog sitting gig! You go girl!!!

FloridaCat, so glad you are prepped and ready. I pray the storm bypasses you .

Just back from the DD's, took them some carrot cake and had a cuppa while there. I just felt the need to get out for a bit.
I have all of the plants moved in, still haven't decided on the begonias. Because of their placement they are protected for a bit, so time to make a decision.

Leftover BBQ pork and salad for supper. Will pick up salad stuff when I take my car for a check up...probably Wednesday afternoon ...although that could change to tomorrow. Depends on what pops up tomorrow.
My hens are slowing down, as long as I get enough for family I'm good.
DD2 brought me a giant bag of really nice cucumbers from her office mate, they are in the lime water soak and will finish them tomorrow. This will finish my pickling adventures for the season.
JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Our county is not messing around. They are restricting access to the beaches (which are barrier islands accessed by bridges) starting 7 a.m. tomorrow.

Cousin who is local called me to see if I was going to evacuate. I think if I said No she was going to ask if she could stay with me. Her new apartment is being evacuated and she and her husband will have to go to a shelter (not comfortable) and they have a cat but only some shelters take animals. She is on the 16th floor and honestly I think the cat could stay in the apartment if she leaves plenty of food and water and, if possible, an extra litter box.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good evening, Friends. Happy Birthday to You, Quilter! Floridacat, thinking of you and all in your community. Mackie, so nice of you to help that girl out with her new cat. Maggie, did your DGS say why he doesn't want to play ball anymore?

It was a pretty good day for a Monday. I had an online training (is there any other kind anymore) for 4 hours this afternoon - the training ended right at "quitting time" (ha! define that, lol) so I got home a bit late. Getting ready for bed and thought I would pop in and see how everyone is doing.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:13 pm Hello friends.

Happy Birthday, Quilter!

Things are not looking good here. Biggest concerns will be the storm surge and flooding and the fact that the storm will slow down when it is near our coast. I’ll go to the hotel on Wednesday and I’m thankful to have made the reservation when I did because everything is now sold out. Mom’s neighbor called to see if he could do anything at mom’s house but we agreed that really there is nothing. I don’t worry about flooding there. Neighbor’s wife invited me to stay with her and her friend at her mother’s house but I’d rather go to the hotel. I’d probably have to sleep on the floor at the mother’s house. I’ll be safe and I have to remember that the houses and contents are only “stuff.”

On a happier note, if my house survives, I’m going to take care of my Dutch friend’s cat, Echo, for a month starting Oct. 7. I’m looking forward to it!! Dutch friend is going on a bucket list trip to South America, planned since 2020.

I’ll try to stay in touch. Please pray for not only me but my whole community.
Stay safe and check in when you can. Absolutely praying for everyone in this storm's path.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Happy Birthday Quilter!