Daily Check in Sept 26, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in Sept 26, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Happy birthday, Quilter! And prayers for FloridaCat and all her neighbors that they come through the storm okay. (((HUGS)))
Mackie
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:16 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

I enjoyed my first cup of coffee just sitting and looking out the window. I watched the grey clouds slowly dissipate and lovely blue sky appear in the east. Still a way to go but clearing nicely.

This morning we head to the funeral of Harvey's cousin R. He was married to another of Harvey's cousins related on the other side. R was through his dad, and A through his mom. A was also godmother to our daughter.

Once home we will be busy moving gravel once again. Hopefully all done by the end of the day. Eldest DS called last night and said he thinks there just might be something wrong with people in their early 70's and late 60's moving piles of gravel around the yard. It has to get done and done before the garage arrives.

I do have a few things to do today. Must dust, vacuum, water the few plants I have left (will be dumping more probably today), cleaning the bedrooms, and I hope to get some buns started after the funeral.

There should be enough time to work on some sewing, probably finish getting the border sewn on to the rug, and perhaps getting a couple more strips sewn on my quilt top.

I am also working the kinks out of my challenge for next year. Planning it is taking a while to figure out. Preparing for it could be another challenge on its own.

Supper tonight is going to be the leftover lentil curry in the fridge. I will be serving it with rice, and probably more cherry tomatoes.

Today I am grateful for all that Hubby does to the house to make things easier for the both of us.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Please take it as a complaint
How do you do everything that you do every day???

If I do one thing a day, I'm happy.

I don't get much done, but still

IC
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

Quilter51 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:09 pm Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Today is actually a quiet day with just crafting and then perhaps breakfast for dinner and my lunch restaurant is closed . I will talk with family.

But I have already had a gourmet meal on Friday, steak on Saturday and I am having lunch tomorrow so I am eating through my birth day week. And Saturday my daughter is taking me to a wreath making workshop and then to dinner.

Florida, I see they are announcing evacutations. I am glad you have your hotel and somewher to go.
The happiness of birthdays to you. Enjoy your New Year.

IC
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

$7.00 here $7.00 there is $84.

My upstairs TV stopped working, then I realized that I don't really watch that TV at all for the most part.

So, I called DISH and my bill will go down by $7.00 a month.

DISD gave me The Stars package free for 3 months, I need to cancel it before Christmas.

I may or may not replace the TV.

today, the dogs were walked and fed.

DH taken to breakfast and Costco.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Short story, every year my friend and her family celebrate her dad's birthday. (her dad has been gone for a number of years )

Everyone goes to The Red Robin, wherever they live and celebrate and send each other photos

I'm included because I've known the family since the 1960's :D :D

Tomorrow the daughter is bringing one of her other friends from the 1960's, they lost touch with each other for the past few decades.

I don't think that I have seen the friend in over 40 years.

I just happened to have come across a photo of the two of them from the 1970's

I love it

DH is also coming.

IC
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Update:

I got all the laundry gathered up and ready to go. Then after Jay and I finished lunch and came to my place, I started the load. I only had one and it is about to go into the dryer.

Jay came over and tidied up the kitchen for me. I can now bleach the counters and start all my chopping, freezing and more chopping starting on that tomorrow. I thought I might do some tonight but I will be watching the NFL instead.

Lunch today was really nice. A nice curried veggie soup, maracroni salad, corn, rice and delicious ham! They also had turkey sandwiches. I got some cans of black beans so I can make either more black bean soup or I was given a recipe for black bean burgers that I'd like to try out.

I went and met with Ronnie today. She is (WAS!) looking for a doggo sitter. We visited for an hour and Karma (girl) and Kismet (smaller boy) took to me as I took to them. They are adorable fluffy and cuddly! She said she usually takes off for two days of the month to go hiking as she has 3 days a week off from the salon she owns. I'm more than game to babysit these adorable little kids! She has a lovely deck with furniture to sit on while the doggos are outside. It will be lovely until the cold weather hits.

That's pretty much all that's going on for the rest of the day. I'll put the laundry in the dryer and run the dishwasher. Then? It's NFL MONDAY NIGHT!!

Hope everyone is having a good day. FLORIDA, I am so glad you have a hotel room booked! I saw the helicopter footage of the highway going out of Florida and the cars were bumper to bumper for MILES. I'm so glad you got gas in your vehicle when you did! WHEW.

Oh, speaking of gasoline, As I was leaving Ronnie's house after meeting Karma and Kisment, I got in the van and the red fuel light came on. I had $30 left to put in the van! WHEW! Went to the co-op which was the closest station and put in the $30. The cashier told me I was fortunate to get it for $1.629 because "in an hour it is going to $1.899. YIKES! Whew! Was I glad to get there when I did! Saved a few pennies anyway!
Hope has a good imagination.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Happy Birthday Quilter

Stay safe Florida.