Daily Check in Sept 26, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in Sept 26, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, tell your DS he inherited great genes since his parents are still able to shovel gravel at their advanced ages. :-D

The word for my morning is "late." I woke up a bit late, got to work a few minutes late, had to unload my car outside the office and move it, which made me late getting the air conditioning contractors started on their job, and here I am at last with my cup of tea.

DH thinks his cold is turning into a sinus infection. He did not feel well at all most of the weekend, so I spent the weekend doing chores by myself. It was not a restful weekend, although I took a shower early in the evening and spent some time on the sofa finishing a library book about polar exploration. That was nice.

It's chilly this morning and I got out a cardigan to wear. Should warm up later.

Hope you all have a great day.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

A quiet day here, I do need to slice the roast I cooked yesterday, and put into one meal size portions.

Penny
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I am tickled that our student worker got the cat she was adopting, and the kitty is very loving: just what this person needed. This was a "private" adoption off Next Door, and the person giving her up did not provide her vet records, so the student has to take her to the vet. I may wind up sponsoring this cat for a while, kind of like "Save the Kitty" instead of "Save the Children" until she gets fully vetted. :-D
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Good morning. Did my first PT this morning after a long break, had a full evaluation plus exercises so I am a bit wiped.

sixty nine now with a high of eighty nine today so for now the windows are open.

I have my church crafting group this afternoon which at this time of year is really pricing and organizing bazaar stuff and some making. I made some pillowcases and towels yesterday.

Between now and then I will do some earning time as I try and get back into that and and then straighten the house and get stuff ready to go.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Happy Birthday Quilter. Hope it is a good one.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I got up early and was messaging bath and forth with Jay. We decided to go for lunch today and then she is coming over for a little bit to help me organize the kitchen and front hall way some more.

I had some hash browns and a couple of eggs for breakfast since I was up at 6:00 am. I need breakfast when I get up that early!

This afternoon, I am meeting Kismet and Karma. They are two little fluffy white doggos whose Mum is looking for a pet sitter for them. I'll be going there at 2:30 and it's only about half an hour if not less. Then I'll take Jay home unless she wants to go home before then.

I unloaded the dishwasher this morning and have started to load it again. I will finish that before I leave to pick-up Jay for lunch.

This evening, I'll be chopping the green peppers I got on Saturday. That's why I want to organize the kitchen more and sterilize the countertops before I start.

And then at the same time? It's MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!! Gotta get that in there too!

So, that looks to be how my day will happen maybe a few adjustments here and there. I just got out of the shower so now it's time to get out of my comfy robe and get dressed!

That's the skinny from here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.