Daily Check in Sept 26, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Sept 26, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends.

Be right back
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in Sept 26, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello everyone,

Not much to offer up today. My volunteer shift went well. I went early to the event to enjoy it and ran into an Aunt and 2 cousins and hung out with them for a bit. Prior to that, DGS5 decided to quit playing baseball in the middle of the second inning. His coach (his Mom) basically had him removed from the field. Then the next inning she asked me to take home DS & both DGSs. I don't think it phased him.

This evening I have a support group meeting. I will need to gas off before. I just looked up prices. I can go to Kroger, use my fuel points and get reasonably close to Sam's Club price that is more on my way.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I enjoyed my first cup of coffee just sitting and looking out the window. I watched the grey clouds slowly dissipate and lovely blue sky appear in the east. Still a way to go but clearing nicely.

This morning we head to the funeral of Harvey's cousin R. He was married to another of Harvey's cousins related on the other side. R was through his dad, and A through his mom. A was also godmother to our daughter.

Once home we will be busy moving gravel once again. Hopefully all done by the end of the day. Eldest DS called last night and said he thinks there just might be something wrong with people in their early 70's and late 60's moving piles of gravel around the yard. It has to get done and done before the garage arrives.

I do have a few things to do today. Must dust, vacuum, water the few plants I have left (will be dumping more probably today), cleaning the bedrooms, and I hope to get some buns started after the funeral.

There should be enough time to work on some sewing, probably finish getting the border sewn on to the rug, and perhaps getting a couple more strips sewn on my quilt top.

I am also working the kinks out of my challenge for next year. Planning it is taking a while to figure out. Preparing for it could be another challenge on its own.

Supper tonight is going to be the leftover lentil curry in the fridge. I will be serving it with rice, and probably more cherry tomatoes.

Today I am grateful for all that Hubby does to the house to make things easier for the both of us.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I have been up since 6:30. I couldn't sleep so got up since I had set my alarm for 7 anyway

Going to our fundraiser. I need a few hours to wake up - have my coffee etc. Almost dressed

Still have to let the pets out one more time.

Hope all have a great day.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

Thinking and praying for FloridaCat and others in Florida. I hate high winds around here I cannot imagine being in a hurricane.

I have my to-do list made and have made a start but need coffee, well more coffee anyway.
Chickens are out of their coop but still in their pen. I might let them out this afternoon. We shall see.

I will probably start some lime pickles with the ones in the fridge, and I need to make a short grocery list of the items on sale at the big pricey store. No meat will be on the list as they don't have any really good sales on something we will use.
It is chilly again today and according to the long range forecast we will be in this pattern for awhile yet.
Leaves are falling and it is looking very "Fall like" over the woods. The corn crop across the road has turned brown and dry seemingly overnight.
Off to do something,
JCKitty
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Florida, just took a look at the storm path. It does look somewhat scary. The first report I saw said Class 1 if it hits your, but then a second one shows it as a Class 3.

My niece lives in Pinellas County. She is a phlebotomist for one of the hospitals there. She doesn't have to worry about her son as they have already received notice that the schools will be closed. She is off Tuesday and Wednesday but on duty on Thursday and she starts work at 4:00A. She will be speaking to her supervisor today asking what she needs to do as she has never been in a position before that can be considered an emergency worker.

You and my niece's family will be in my thoughts and prayers to help you all get through it if it does hit Tampa Bay as being predicted currently.

Today I have my morning chat. I may run out on an errand later. Other than that I'm done for the day.

Well, I guess that's it for now. Have a good day.