Daily Check in Sept 26, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check in Sept 26, 2022

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Quilter51 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:06 am Good morning. Did my first PT this morning after a long break, had a full evaluation plus exercises so I am a bit wiped.

sixty nine now with a high of eighty nine today so for now the windows are open.

I have my church crafting group this afternoon which at this time of year is really pricing and organizing bazaar stuff and some making. I made some pillowcases and towels yesterday.

Between now and then I will do some earning time as I try and get back into that and and then straighten the house and get stuff ready to go.
Happy Birthday!! I hope you enjoy your day and your special supper tonight!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Today is actually a quiet day with just crafting and then perhaps breakfast for dinner and my lunch restaurant is closed . I will talk with family.

But I have already had a gourmet meal on Friday, steak on Saturday and I am having lunch tomorrow so I am eating through my birth day week. And Saturday my daughter is taking me to a wreath making workshop and then to dinner.

Florida, I see they are announcing evacutations. I am glad you have your hotel and somewher to go.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

I swear I am so easily side-tracked :roll: , have been working on my to-do list and while shredding carrots with my salad shooter decided a carrot cake sounded good so...found a recipe for a small cake, have it made and iced with the cream cheese frosting. I made a small one because I am not sure who all likes it. I really like it made with chopped nuts and raisins but sadly I am the only one that likes them.

Next up is run the vacuum cleaner and pot up the very last plant that needs brought in. I am thinking I won't try to over-winter the angel wing begonias. I think they are 5 years old and the root ball/base of the plants are very woody. Plus there is the issue of where to put them inside. It looks like a green house now, I need to be making up my mind about them soon. But here lately making up my mind is getting harder and harder LOL. I just hate the thought of paying for plants again next year. Some of my begonias are about 3 ft tall.

Off to get started again, sure hope we would hear from FloridaCat but I am sure she has more on her mind.
JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Happy Birthday, Quilter!

Things are not looking good here. Biggest concerns will be the storm surge and flooding and the fact that the storm will slow down when it is near our coast. I’ll go to the hotel on Wednesday and I’m thankful to have made the reservation when I did because everything is now sold out. Mom’s neighbor called to see if he could do anything at mom’s house but we agreed that really there is nothing. I don’t worry about flooding there. Neighbor’s wife invited me to stay with her and her friend at her mother’s house but I’d rather go to the hotel. I’d probably have to sleep on the floor at the mother’s house. I’ll be safe and I have to remember that the houses and contents are only “stuff.”

On a happier note, if my house survives, I’m going to take care of my Dutch friend’s cat, Echo, for a month starting Oct. 7. I’m looking forward to it!! Dutch friend is going on a bucket list trip to South America, planned since 2020.

I’ll try to stay in touch. Please pray for not only me but my whole community.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:13 pm Hello friends.

Happy Birthday, Quilter!

Things are not looking good here. Biggest concerns will be the storm surge and flooding and the fact that the storm will slow down when it is near our coast. I’ll go to the hotel on Wednesday and I’m thankful to have made the reservation when I did because everything is now sold out. Mom’s neighbor called to see if he could do anything at mom’s house but we agreed that really there is nothing. I don’t worry about flooding there. Neighbor’s wife invited me to stay with her and her friend at her mother’s house but I’d rather go to the hotel. I’d probably have to sleep on the floor at the mother’s house. I’ll be safe and I have to remember that the houses and contents are only “stuff.”

On a happier note, if my house survives, I’m going to take care of my Dutch friend’s cat, Echo, for a month starting Oct. 7. I’m looking forward to it!! Dutch friend is going on a bucket list trip to South America, planned since 2020.

I’ll try to stay in touch. Please pray for not only me but my whole community.
As I said above, sending a prayer and {{HUGS}}
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Happy Birthday, Quilter!