Daily Check-in September 27, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in September 27, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:36 pm Thank you all!

I’m at the hotel. I parked in a spot as far away from trees as possible and put my emergency brake on (learned that from the hurricane 5 years ago). You would not believe the amount of stuff some people are dragging into the hotel - cases of water, coolers and who knows what else. The hotel is in an awkward location to get in and out so I’ll just plan to stay put unless I walk to someplace tomorrow if the weather is decent.

Now to relax.
Glad you are in a safe place!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Looked online for new clothes and nah - not in the mood to shop

Will just work with what I have - get rid of some things also.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

I’m at the hotel. I parked in a spot as far away from trees as possible and put my emergency brake on (learned that from the hurricane 5 years ago). You would not believe the amount of stuff some people are dragging into the hotel - cases of water, coolers and who knows what else. The hotel is in an awkward location to get in and out so I’ll just plan to stay put unless I walk to someplace tomorrow if the weather is decent.

Now to relax.
Glad you are settled in at the hotel. Stay safe.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

I’m at the hotel. I parked in a spot as far away from trees as possible and put my emergency brake on (learned that from the hurricane 5 years ago). You would not believe the amount of stuff some people are dragging into the hotel - cases of water, coolers and who knows what else. The hotel is in an awkward location to get in and out so I’ll just plan to stay put unless I walk to someplace tomorrow if the weather is decent. :idea:

Now to relax.
Florida,

I was so happy to see that you were able to get into your hotel today. I am terrified for you! (I am a terrible scaredy cat and like dogs, get scared of thunder and storms). I, just a few seconds ago, saw Tampa Bay is all highlighted in bright red on the weather map. They also said that down in the south on the ocean side they have lots of tornado warnings. This is not good for man or beast!

I was so glad to hear your neighbor helped you get your Mom's garage all tied up. That relieves some stress and anxiety for you.

I was glad you were so prepared to get a full tank of gas and today get some food. Now you can relax and watch the local news and DO take a break every now and again to try and watch something funny or interesting.

Love from up here in landlocked Manitoba!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:
FloridaCat I am so glad to hear you are safely ensconced in your hotel room. Try to act like it is a Holiday".

I just put my 9 quarts of pickles in the processer! I also ran the floor cleaner over the kitchen floor.I know I will be doing it again tomorrow. I just couldn't stand the thought of something sticky on the floors. I am very pleased with the number of pickles I was able to get done this season.

I went to the DD's to set up the contraption we use to do tomatoes and other things...DD2 used it on the persimmons she has been gathering. DD1 was looking online at a farm market that is very popular around this part of the state. They are selling 1# pound containers (2cups) for 6.99 each and people are all over it buying the stuff. We had sloppy joes and mac and cheese for supper while I was there.

I ran errands earlier and picked up the few things to cherry pick at the pricey store. They had some markdowns on some meat but I have the things in the freezer so didn't get any.
The next things I will be watching for are the boxed potato products, fresh potatoes seem to be in short supply around here for some reason and while I prefer to use fresh, I will get some for "back up".
I have also read that butter will be in short supply....that is something I will have a problem with, LOL I use butter not margarine.

Off to get myself cleaned up and the kitchen. I need to make bread tomorrow.
JCKitty