Daily Check-in September 27, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in September 27, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Jackie, I’m glad that you checked on Janet.

Mackie, I think it’s wonderful that you are helping the student with her new cat.

I was able to change my hotel reservation to add tonight, too. Tomorrow is going to be nasty. Publix is closing at 6 tonight and will be closed until Friday. My eye appointment for this afternoon was cancelled.

I did the online hotel check-in and I’m just waiting for notification my room is ready, hopefully 3 p.m. I got everything done at mom’s house with the help of the neighbor. I told him I usually tied the garage closed (something mom always did) and he did it for me and moved the plant on the step into the garage. I’m not too worried about mom’s house.

On the way home from mom’s house I bought some food for the hotel and tried to get things somewhat healthy. I’m pretty sure the hotel gives breakfast.

The hurricane track has shifted a bit south of us at least for now but I’m still worried about flooding in my area. Friend in Orlando messaged inviting me to stay with her but no way I want to get in that traffic.

I’ll be happy to have TV at the hotel. It is pretty much only during hurricanes and other storms that I miss having the local news. It’s not the same online.

Stay safe.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I put another load in the dishwasher and ran it this morning. It wasn't the full load I usually run but wanted to get what was in there done as I will be sterilizing canning jars later this afternoon.

I have enough left over peppers to make some delicious pepper jelly! I only have to get the apple cider vinegar and the pectin. That will do the trick! I love that stuff!

It is Taco Tuesday so I will participate in that on my way to pick-up my medications at Shoppers Drug Mart and also stopping by Pet Lovers' Warehouse to get some food for my little Opal girl.

So, that isn't much but it will actually take up the afternoon to chop the remaining peppers, cook up the recipe, jar and can them. Before I can do that, I have to unload and run the dishwasher. I have to get the canner out of the storage room too. I'm looking forward to my adventures in home EC as we used to say!

I should be done by supper time or just after supper time. I might just have hash browns and eggs for supper and it will be the easy thing after canning away the afternoon.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:26 pm Hello friends.

I was able to change my hotel reservation to add tonight, too. Tomorrow is going to be nasty. Publix is closing at 6 tonight and will be closed until Friday. My eye appointment for this afternoon was cancelled.

I did the online hotel check-in and I’m just waiting for notification my room is ready, hopefully 3 p.m. I got everything done at mom’s house with the help of the neighbor. I told him I usually tied the garage closed (something mom always did) and he did it for me and moved the plant on the step into the garage. I’m not too worried about mom’s house.

Stay safe.
Prayers that you have a safe journey ...
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:26 pm Hello friends.

Jackie, I’m glad that you checked on Janet.

Mackie, I think it’s wonderful that you are helping the student with her new cat.

On the way home from mom’s house I bought some food for the hotel and tried to get things somewhat healthy. I’m pretty sure the hotel gives breakfast.

The hurricane track has shifted a bit south of us at least for now but I’m still worried about flooding in my area. Friend in Orlando messaged inviting me to stay with her but no way I want to get in that traffic.

I’ll be happy to have TV at the hotel. It is pretty much only during hurricanes and other storms that I miss having the local news. It’s not the same online.

Stay safe.
We're all with you, Florida. Stay safe and well.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Wearing the pedometer has been a fun experiment: the packages were not too awful today, and yet I have walked two miles so far going back and forth to the mail room in the other part of the office. On days when the packages are piled up to the ceiling in there, I go home exhausted. Today everything fit in four or five standard US Mail "buckets," as the plastic bins are called, except for some large boxes I left out front for the students to pick up.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Thank you all!

I’m at the hotel. I parked in a spot as far away from trees as possible and put my emergency brake on (learned that from the hurricane 5 years ago). You would not believe the amount of stuff some people are dragging into the hotel - cases of water, coolers and who knows what else. The hotel is in an awkward location to get in and out so I’ll just plan to stay put unless I walk to someplace tomorrow if the weather is decent.

Now to relax.