Daily Check-in September 28, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal2

Re: Daily Check-in September 28, 2022

Post by icfrugal2 »

Watching CNN Hoping that everyone is safe

IC
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It is 5pm and we are just now at 90 degrees. We had been hitting that by noon.

The central air has come on maybe five times. Yea - smaller bills!!!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:27 pm Florida,

I remember when you were going through trying to decide where to buy insurance. This article was very interesting as to why Florida has the highest insurance rates in the USA and also contains some kinda bad news as well. I found it very educational for someone who had no clue how bad it was in Florida.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hurricane-ian-reignites-panic-floridas-strapped-insurance-market-rcna49687?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR2A_mDenPh94uvfVUb5rfDa4ax62PqkhnmiRVcEarANIK3q4_MfR-Ao4XU

MJ
Yes, I was thinking about it today. The remaining property insurance companies will be bankrupted, I think. For both my house and mom’s house, I now have the state-run insurer, Citizens, mentioned in the NBC story. I was glad to read that they are (or were) flush with cash. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Our residential real estate market was booming until interest rates started to increase and now if buyers have an even harder time getting insurance I think the market will be hurt more.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:32 pm Yes, I was thinking about it today. The remaining property insurance companies will be bankrupted, I think. For both my house and mom’s house, I now have the state-run insurer, Citizens, mentioned in the NBC story. I was glad to read that they are (or were) flush with cash. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Our residential real estate market was booming until interest rates started to increase and now if buyers have an even harder time getting insurance I think the market will be hurt more.
Florida,

Yes, that's what I meant about the "bad" news was that the rates for Citizen's Insurance could go up because of this storm and that ALL rates for EVERYONE may go up because of this terrible storm. I hope not. You looked for so long and did such research to get the Citizen's Insurance. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:20 am I forgot to add to my post that yesterday evening I let the dogs out in the backyard and noticed them paying too much attention to something in our neighbors' back yard. I looked a little closer, and they've once again acquired ducks! A lot of ducks this time. The last time they had ducks they did not know how to take care of them of them and two of the three ducks went lame.

I have to figure out how to anonymously report them, as having livestock in the city is illegal. If it was three and they took good care of them, I would look the other way, but the last ducks were pitiful limping around.
For goodness sake, why would anyone living in the city get ducks? I hope you figure out a way to report them without it being obvious that is was you.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good evening. I didn't sleep much or very well last night - hope to make up for it tonight.

DD and her SO were gone when I came home and when I went to let their barking dog out of their part of the house and into mine, I discovered they have put a new lock on the door - which I SAID THEY COULD as long as I was provided with a key.

I do not yet have a key. I sent a rather snarky text about not being able to shut up the barking dog because I DON'T HAVE A KEY YET. They came home and I did get an apology and I said I need a key by the end of the week. I never go into their part of the house, don't want to but it's MY house and I won't be denied access to any part of it, plain and simple - if I did want to go in there I certainly would.

I'm off to get some supper and some sleep. Take care, friends, Floridacat, stay safe.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz