Daily Check-in September 28, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in September 28, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:07 pm Good evening. I didn't sleep much or very well last night - hope to make up for it tonight.

DD and her SO were gone when I came home and when I went to let their barking dog out of their part of the house and into mine, I discovered they have put a new lock on the door - which I SAID THEY COULD as long as I was provided with a key.

I do not yet have a key. I sent a rather snarky text about not being able to shut up the barking dog because I DON'T HAVE A KEY YET. They came home and I did get an apology and I said I need a key by the end of the week. I never go into their part of the house, don't want to but it's MY house and I won't be denied access to any part of it, plain and simple - if I did want to go in there I certainly would.

I'm off to get some supper and some sleep. Take care, friends, Floridacat, stay safe.
yes you should. It is your house and you should be able to access it in case of an emergency. When I rented - that was the way it was.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

My computer needed to do an update this afternoon, which of course took about an hour and a half (was warned when the update started). What I wasn't warned about was the chance I would lose all my bookmarks, and a great deal of what I had on my start page.

I have spent a good deal of time trying to get things back to normal, or as close to normal as is possible. I now have Blogger back and hopefully the forum. Next up (after a walk to cool myself down a bit) will be trying to upload some apps onto the start page, and then getting Facebook and Twitter back up and running. Needless to say, I am not a happy camper.

Off for my walk and then back to getting the computer back up and loaded with all I need loaded.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:58 pm For goodness sake, why would anyone living in the city get ducks? I hope you figure out a way to report them without it being obvious that is was you.
oh yea - we are a small town, but even here - people get chickens etc and then don't know what to do with them - sheesh!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Got home to a power outage after my walk. So just getting things back to normal on the machine now. However, the rest will have to wait as it is past my bedtime.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I live in the city and many of my neighbors have chucken and occasionally other small livestock. It has never been a problem but I'm not sure why one would have ducks unless raising them.to eat. My neighbor in Denver hadv7 chickens and we often got some eggs.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

There's a city ordinance against livestock here. Also, the yard is small and ducks must have water to float in to rest their feet and a high niacin diet, or they will become lame. The big male duck they had before was pitiful: one of his feet became hugely swollen and he could hardly walk.

DH is against reporting them because they come from a different culture, but I can't stand to see what amounts to animal abuse because of the conditions they're being kept in.
Mackie