Daily Check-in September 28, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in September 28, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's early right now so I haven't been able to find much of an update on Ian, but I did see pictures of turned over, damaged small planes. I thought the hurricane hit landfall yesterday but they say it will hit today. My heart goes out to all Floridians in its path.

Today's routine is almost complete. I want to do some more work on my Ancestry project and clean out my coloring supply bag. The rest of the day will be spent on whatever strikes me in the moment.

I've already moved my turkey breast to my refrigerator section so that it will be defrosted for Saturday. It would have been nice to keep it for Thanksgiving but it's taking up too much space in the freezer, that and the extra bags of vegetables I bought for less than half regular price.

Dinner tonight is still up in the air but will probably be a Hot Pocket sandwich.

Well that's all for now. Have a great day.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check-in September 28, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, Logics, good morning everyone. It is rainy this morning and I'm taking my time with a second cup of coffee.

Yesterday after work I deep cleaned my bedroom including vacuuming the mattress and washing the curtains. Nice to have that done. Added a warm blanket to the bed - still sleeping with the windows open.

The dogs have been out and are back to sleep. The cats started coming up to the back door while we were out - they want their food but will have to wait - DD feeds them on days when I work.

I need to get with it and get some breakfast and get ready for the day - I am running later than usual but it's okay - I don't "have to" be on the clock until half past 8.

I hope you all are safe and have a good day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I had a good sleep. It is raining only lightly here and I haven’t heard any wind. My county has avoided catastrophe once again, I believe, and we will get rain and wind today and overnight but nothing like south of us. Those poor people in the Port Charlotte-Venice-Fort Myers area who are now expecting a category 4 (155 mph) storm to make landfall this afternoon. One of my favorite Florida spots, Sanibel Island, will likely have a storm surge. Very sad.

I had a hot breakfast here at the hotel and took an apple and yogurt for later. Most of the people staying here are my age with a few who are younger.

That’s all for now. You all have a good day. I think that Jackie is getting her new garage today and I’m sure that will be wonderful for winter.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

My college room mate's mother, who is now quite elderly and recovering from an accident, lives on the upper Gulf Coast of Florida and I've been worried about her, but it looks like the actual storm will miss her town.

My day did not get off to the smoothest start. The car gave me a low tire warning so I drove rather slowly to work. The left front tire is low but driveable, so if it's okay when I leave for home, I'll go by the shop that installed them (there's a warranty) and get it looked at.

It's chilly this morning, so I pulled out another cardigan to wear. This one needs a trip to the sewing machine, as the cuffs are floppy and annoying. As I lose more weight through the winter, all my sweaters are going to be too big, so floppy and annoying may be something I just have to live with. :-D

Hope you all have a safe and peaceful day.
Mackie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
FloridaCat, stay safe. I am watching storm reports and news, it looks scary to me.

I have been up since "too early o'clock" thank you dogs LOL. They were tip tapping around at 6:30 AM which means potty time. :roll: I can't get back to sleep so I just got up and started my day. I have an appointment for dads car today. I have a light on and want it checked out.

Today I need to wash the jars of pickles and put them away...going under a guest bed. Clean and scrub the kitchen and hopefully do floors. I was going to make a loaf of bread but decided to put it off till tomorrow as I have too many interruptions today.

Friday I am going to keep the baby, she has really taken off with the walking on her own and I figure I will be doing some baby wrangling LOL.
I have a feeling next week I will be removing garden decor and putting things away for the winter. I also need to remove hoses and getting ready for leaf blowing, removal.

The crops around here are dying fast, I have a feeling harvest will be starting really soon. DD's and I were talking last night, in some ways it will be sad to see the corn picked because it really shuts dads/dd's house out from traffic and noise.

I have a load of laundry on the lines, it was chilly enough last night that my furnace came on :( need to make a decision soon on the begonias or the weather will make it for me LOL.
Off to get started once again.
JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Just lost my entire post as I hit the wrong combination of keys on my keyboard. One would think by now I would have stopped doing this, but nope I keep right on doing so.

We have a beautiful sunrise this morning, and according to the weather pundits, the type of weather more suited to summer than Autumn arriving. Over the next couple of days, we could reach temperatures in the low 30C range. Perhaps more tomatoes will ripen, and my few eggplant fruits and green pepper manage to get a bit larger.

I am hoping that more tomatoes ripen as youngest DS was a bit disappointed that his tomato harvest might only give him a couple of containers of tomato sauce. I think he forgot you have to cook it down. I would like to send him home with enough to make at least two or three more containers.

Not too much in the way of household chores today. Just some dusting, making my goal list, making my extra cleaning list, and in looking at all the ripening tomatoes on our windowsills, perhaps some more salsa making provided I can find the jars necessary (if not I will have to purchase a few).

There are a few ripe pumpkins as well, but if I wait a few days there could be even more ready for processing. The temperature is supposed to drop as well so that is even more of a reason to wait before turning on the oven.

I figure that while the salsa cooks down and the jars sterilize, I can work on putting another row or two on the quilt.... I think that if I did this pattern again, I would make the strips a bit wider (like about 4 inches wider). It takes a long time to see any appreciable lengthening of the quilt top at 2 inches each time you add a strip. Live and learn.

Not too many household tasks for today. I just need to dust, water my plants, make salsa if I have enough ripe tomatoes, and make my goal list for next month. A very easy day, though I should perhaps make either buns or bread as we are running low (can still wait on that for a day or two).

Supper tonight is supposed to be chicken strips. I may make them a bit early and after they are cooled slice them. With some boiled eggs, a little bit of ham, and some shredded cheese I will change those few chicken strips into a chef's salad meal (it will be warm enough for that tonight). Or I could try my hand at flat breads again and make some wraps with the chicken strips, tomatoes, shredded cheese, and lettuce. Either one sounds pretty good right now.

Today I am grateful for the beauty of the autumn season.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/